why is eBay monopolising on sanitary products like hand sanitiser and surface spray

i am a seller on ebay for many years now and i have a company that makes cleaning products an in this time of need i was selling my products to customers on ebay for bulk prices that i charge my large clients like pharmacys and supermarkets. my products got removed on the accusation of price gouging which was not the case i was literally charging $2.50 for hand sanitiser and even the ebay representative i spoke to clearly said i was not over charging or gouging. iv checked who is selling these products now and a company called REMOVED is the only one ebay has allowed to sell these product for prices way to high clearly gouging. whether ebay has struck a deal with them or not ebay has clearly mistreared its customers and sellers which without us ebay would not exist. i and the community of ebay want answers and this issue looked at to see who is feeding and eating under the table. if this is not resolved we will continue the fight and take this further.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

why is eBay monopolising on sanitary products like hand sanitiser and surface spray

Please do take it further, let us know how you get on

Don't forget to contact eBay and tell them (nobody from eBay reads posts here)

Or maybe have a read of the numerous threads about this and how sellers need to get 'permission' to list such items (largely thanks to scammers)

Best to get your facts right before 'taking further' if you want to ne taken seriously 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

This thread has all the relevant information you need to check if you want to list those items:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements-and-Seller/eBay-Annoucements/m-p/2309727#M4376

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Perfect thanks
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Sandypebbles I contacted eBay and the rep was of no help at all to be honest she just kept apologising but did not mention anything about permission to list these items
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@m.o.e.store wrote:
Sandypebbles I contacted eBay and the rep was of no help at all to be honest she just kept apologising but did not mention anything about permission to list these items

That's why it pays, as a seller especially, to read eBay announcements. Particularly now, as the call centres are shut down.

From what I understand, unless you were selling these items before COVID-19 became a thing, you can't. How you navigate that is something you will have to work out.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I really appreciate all the input. Iv always been a seller of these products as I am a producer for major pharmacy chains but just not on eBay. When I seen the ridiculous prices I thought I would help the people especially the ones who can’t afford to pay $20 for 100ml of hand sanitizer but eBay thought it would be better to get rid of everyone instead of filtering out the people who are over priced which I think is very unfair in a time as fragile as this
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Forget it. And forget about asking for "permission" from eBay to sell those "sensitive" items. The announcement from eBay is BS anyway. They said they will only approve a "selected" small number of business sellers to sell those items and there is a process to apply for approval. (I got the email address for seeking approval from chat, that was almost 3 weeks ago, multiple reminder, no response, chat was useless) 

Not only that, we still have "authorised" sellers listing surgical masks on ebay CONTRARY to the new restriction imposed by the Federal Government. https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2020L00355 

No more than 120% of the purchased price is allowed. Those surgical masks are being sold almost 3 times above it. Obviously, no point having a "law" when there is no one to "enforce" it. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply