would you trust a 0 fb buyer from Ukraine?

so i've had an enquiry from a buyer on a magazine i've listed, they have been registered since Sep 18 but have 0 feedback, located in Ukraine. I had not setup blocks on 0 fb buyers but considering doing so. I could be wrong but i think Ukraine & some Eastern European countries are considered countries where there is quite alot of online fraud? And with 0 fb i'm a bit worried they might do a chargeback claiming not to receive it.

Then again its not like its a really high value item likely to attract scammers. Would you trust them?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Not so much from a potential chargeback point of view.

I would be more concerned the account was set up to gather info and potentially hack.

However could just be a genuine purchase.

image host
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

". I had not setup blocks on 0 fb buyers but considering doing so."

There is no such block!

" Would you trust them?"

I trust everyone...until they give me a reason not to... & new buyers are always welcome.

If it's only an enquiry & you are uncomfortable you can always reach for the BBL.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

There is a block for 0 feedback and not phone verified.

Edit - Just checked and it's no longer there. Smiley Sad

image host
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

There is a block for 0 feedback and not phone verified.

Edit - Just checked and it's no longer there. Smiley Sad

Yeah, they removed it a few months back. I was not happy about it.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Of course they removed it. Have to look after the chosen ones - "The Buyers"

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I just msged them to let them know my concern & asked them if they ever bought anything on ebay since they joined, they responded, 'I'm gone for a long time. I go on business trips' which seems like an odd answer to me. i think i will go with my instinct & put them on bbl.

i would love to welcome all buyers, i usually dont have a problem selling to 0 fb buyers in Aust unless something about their account seems dodgy, because then i can easily send items with tracking to protect myself. But with overseas buyers, thats a different matter, since the tracking/insurance costs alot more, even if they pay for it, its more of a hassle for me.eg insurance $40 on a $10 item.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

@1781anna wrote:

Of course they removed it. Have to look after the chosen ones - "The Buyers"

If there were no buyers there'd be no sellers so your comment is a wee bit odd.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

If you are selling worldwide, then you have to expect this sooner or later, every one of us was new once.  I feel sorry for the buyer if you choose not to sell to them, they could be genuine and don't deserve this.  Why not block the Countries you are nervous about instead?

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Does not seem that odd to me, eBay do anything and everything to protect the buyer,no questions asked whilst every seller is always,no questions asked in the wrong if the buyer says to

There would no doubt be far more sellers willing to use eBay if they were not screwed at every single turn

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply