wrong email or postal addresses

colourmyroom
Community Member

Can someone please explain ebay's policies on buyers having wrong email and/or postal addresses and the non delivery of items because of this.  Who is responsible and how far do I need to go to help a customer, especially one that complains they have not got an item and then leaves negative feedback, before anything can be done?  What protection do i have as a seller? 

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If the buyer has incorrect details then you MIGHT be able to contact eBay and have them remove the negative.

I REALLY wish eBay forced us to sign on using an email address rather than a userid - at least that way there would be a chance of members at least updating their email address.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Can someone please explain ebay's policies on buyers having wrong email and/or postal addresses and the non delivery of items because of this.  Who is responsible and how far do I need to go to help a customer, especially one that complains they have not got an item and then leaves negative feedback, before anything can be done?  What protection do i have as a seller? 

Thanks for your help.

if they paid with paypal and you sent to the address paypal provided, using a trackable means, then you have full Seller protection from paypal.

anything else is outside ebay/paypal protection

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Today is the 4th June-the feedback & your follow up were both left on 8th MAY ?:|

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

from the ops listing

"AFFORDABLE - I email it, you print it or have it enlarged, frame it, hang it or give as a gift! IT CAN BE IN YOUR HANDS TODAY! I do hope you enjoy viewing all my items for sale. Please send me a message if there is anything I can help you with. Thanks for stopping by my Store!!!

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/downloadable.html

eBay does not allow the sale of digital goods on its website.

Breaches of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

• Listing cancellation

• Limits on account privileges

• Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

• Loss of PowerSeller status

• Account suspension

• Referral to law enforcement

• Referral to the rights owner, with disclosure of personal contact information

OP you need to also post a hard copy to your buyer if you want to sell digital designs ie the posted hard copy is the actual item that is "sold" and the prior email delivery is a "courtesy"

I believe that is how some sellers are listing "digital' designs

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

and I would think that your item entitled

SET of 2 DR SEUSS quotes inspired Printable Baby Nursery Child School Wall Print

would breach copyright and may lead to

• Referral to the rights owner, with disclosure of personal contact information (at least)

The site map down on the right hand corner has some great information including seller policies that should be adhered to and tips that may help your listings better comply.

I don't want to rain on your parade but I think you need to have a good hard think re some of your listing practices

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

colourmyroom
Community Member

This Store is Closed

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply