As many books as you want for a capped postage fee?

Greetings!

Just wondering if you could recommend some Australian book sellers who will let you buy all the books you want, and only charge you a basic capped fee? Such as, "All the books you want, postage only $10.00!".

Thank you, in advance, for your input.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Not me, thats for sure.

My margins don't allow me to absorb poterntially hundreds of dollars in postage.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I understand.

I know of a couple of Aussie sellers who do offer this deal, and I'm trying to find out if there are others. 🙂

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I buy books extensively. I have never heard of a seller who could offer this. If I bought all of the books that I want (at this moment) in one hit, and the seller were in WA, the postage cost would probably reach $273.90.

If the seller were in NSW, the postage cost would probably reach $214.50, or $114.65, depending on seller's postcode.

From QLD, $253.25.

How could any seller possibly absorb that? Booksellers do not have a generous margin at all; in fact, with some academic books the seller is fortunate to have a 15% margin. Add packaging materials, the time spent in protecting those books with adequate bubblewrap etc., the usual other business-related expenses, and then add that whopping great $273.90 (for example) on top of that, and the seller's costs become ludicrous.

It could work if the seller's offering a maximum of x weight/volume of books, all lightweight (paperbacks probably), and/or is offering the deal to buyers in the same state. For instance, maximum size and weight in VIC brings the cost to my address down to $13.95

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Must be ebooks

Image result for laughing emoticon

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, I do understand that it seems to be a huge sacrifice on the part of the seller but, as I said, I know of two Aussie book sellers who offer this, and I have purchased from them. One of them, I have been buying from for many years, and have bought hundreds of books from him. All of his books are good quality, excellently packaged, and shipped promptly. Hence, my desire to find more sellers of his caliber. 🙂

I do appreciate your thoughts, and thank you for posting.

I wish I could buy all the books I want in one-hit ... lol ... wouldn't life be great, if we could all afford that?!

I'm not sure of Forum rules, but if it is allowed, I can post the sellers names here. Or, if you check my Feedback, you can probably figure it out.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

lol ... nope, not ebooks. I never buy ebooks. I only buy paper books. 🙂

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply