Nunchucks

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a pair of nunchucks for general fitness and giggles for myself and was wondering if I'll get in any trouble at the customs.

I understand nunchucks are illegal and not permmitted to be imported into Australia but the nunchucks im talking about are for training. They are plastic, completely foam covered and connected by string weighing at around 160g. There are even Adidas nunchucks!

If anyone has any insight I'd be very appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Nunchucks

i suspect if it is illegal to import them, then it is illegal to import them.

Two bits of 10" x 3/4" pipe, connected by 10-12" of chain.

Easy. Easier than string, for sure - string doesn't have the flex of chain.

If you need plastic ones, maybe you aren't ready. I started out with wood, but found out very early that metal had a better harmonic.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Nunchucks

Are you serious metal nunchucks? 

Even when you hit yourself with wood nunchucks it hurts like hell

Imagine metal ones,definately knock yourself out with them or even kill yourself

Plus I've never seen metal nunchucks only wood or rubber.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Nunchucks

We obviously moved in different social circles.

And the object is to not hit yourself.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Nunchucks

I have seen metal ones, in the movies 🙂

Your best bet, OP, is to call customs ahead of purchase and explain exactly what they are, and what they are made of.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Nunchucks

This is a bit like saying "I want to import a .45 magnum but its only a plastic replica model" STILL ILLEGAL no matter what you say you want it for or what you say its made of.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply