Sales of books reduced by 50%

Can anyone suggest why such a large slump, is this because amazon australia has started up. Last 8 weeks have been aweful.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

check your competition??
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I mainly sell secondhand mass market paperbacks. My sales have been about average, as they always are.

Check your pricing, remembering that too low can be as big an obstacle to sales as too high.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

For example - I recently sold 'Lilian's Story' for $11 posted. Not as good condition as yours, but not $8.50 worse. With a blurb included in the description.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Amazon won't be affecting used book sales as used items are not permitted yet on the Australian website. But when they do allow it, it could affect sales.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

I've had a few books listed between my accounts and nothing much seems to be moving.

Taking a trip to the op shop tomorrow to drop of over 40 biography books that I couldn't even sell for $20 the lot

on here or FB,(hopefully I wont have to do that again with other lots),crying.gif

I picked up a few books for nothing that sold for a $50 plus profit but they are getting rare.

The fun of "selling" is getting dimmer on this site,(most of the stuff I've pulled from here has sold elsewhere for

the same price I had it listed for and with no fees to come out but for lower prices then I expected).

As I search for things on this site I just find it a slow process at times which is what may be affecting sales,(I've

given up at times and just shut the search down as I got sick of how slow eBay was compared to everything

else,which seemed to all running fine),shok.gif

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Hi there, thanks for reply. I will look at all my prices as i am more reluuant on sales than before and keen to move more books, i am not sure i would like to sell a book and only make $ 4 profit. 

Over many months my sales have been very consistant, about 7 to 10 books a week, its halved last 2 months, anyway i will keep persevering and take a hard look at my pricing. Thanks

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

it's because no one uses ebay anymore - i know i don't buy anything ever on ebay anymore - facebook is where the money/customers are - i still run a few listings but not really bothering anymore- facebook made me $1000 over last week - fee free and paypal hassle free

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Do you use shopify on facebook, how does it work

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Bimberi doesn't sell books and has a fetish with Facebook

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply