The Dorroughby thread

Let's give Dorro his own little corner of the Books Board - he was such an active and valued part of the board, and we all have good memories of him.

He was a lovely person and great seller, always happy to help with information, and whenever eBay made one of its frequent changes and the rest of us were predicting that this time the sky really would fall, he was the voice of reason and control. And he was usually right.

I remember talking with him a few years ago about how he had switched from studying engineering to doing nursing. A radical thing for a guy to do in the 70s. He would have been a fantastic nurse.

http://community.ebay.com.au/topic/Community-Spirit/Just-Thought-Let/600146128

Message 1 of 90
Latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

The Dorroughby thread

i think you may misunderstand eloi's point, eloi may lack diplomacy but i know he respected dorro and his contribution to this place.

maybe the point is that if an ebay business can be inherited, it can be sold ? just a thought.

And that is a valid point, but if  was the one eloi was trying to make, then maybe he should have tried a bit harder - because if I misunderstood him, I'm pretty sure a lot of other people did too.

Message 61 of 90
Latest reply

The Dorroughby thread

This thread was started so that Dorro's friends could remember him. Attacking and criticising Dorro's son is inappropriate anywhere on the eBay boards, but most especially on this thread.

If eloi has an issue with eBay's rules, he should start a new thread.

Message 62 of 90
Latest reply

The Dorroughby thread

Yes, perfectly said, Judy.

Message 63 of 90
Latest reply

The Dorroughby thread

Ditto kj

Message 64 of 90
Latest reply

The Dorroughby thread

those are fair comments. i should have butted out.

Message 65 of 90
Latest reply

The Dorroughby thread

It would be great if he was still around so I could tell him I think I will vote greens next time ๐Ÿ˜„

Photobucket
Message 66 of 90
Latest reply

The Dorroughby thread

1. para. 3.  "Your membership is not transferable. Your eBay account (including feedback and associated member UserID) may not be dealt with in any way. In particular, you must not allow others to use them and must not transfer or sell them to another party".

I would contend that Dorro did none of those things, as he was deceased at the time. And that EBAY did so, which, as the site owner, they are allowed to.

I doubt the types you're referring to would get too far, unless they start forging death certificates.

You must have a strange keyboard layout - the apostrophe is nowhere near the aitch on mine.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 67 of 90
Latest reply

The Dorroughby thread

Can everyone please, please, please out of respect for dorroughby stop commenting on this thread?

Message 68 of 90
Latest reply

The Dorroughby thread

i would contend that i never condended anythin' of the sort,

read my comments again, 'ey

Message 69 of 90
Latest reply

The Dorroughby thread

Can everyone please, please, please out of respect for dorroughby stop commenting on this thread?

Sorry. I should know better at my age.

Go for it, unkindled. Almost all of us are barracking for you.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 70 of 90
Latest reply