Who is ebaying today?

I thought I'd get this thread up again.:-)

I've had enough excitement here for one day and am off to find my zzz's.

Good thing the weekend is coming up so we can play with all this new stuff.

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 1 of 6,626
Latest reply
6,625 REPLIES 6,625

Re: Who is ebaying today?

good luck froot!

Reading books is my superpower

Message 971 of 6,626
Latest reply

I just thought I'd make everyone aware of this scam -

Cyber criminals purporting to be the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) are using a sophisticated email scam involving personal tax returns to fleece consumers, a computer security company says.

The scam ATO email, which promises a $250 bonus on top of a tax return, links the taxpayer to an online form that asks for personal details including ATM pin, credit card details and tax file number.

Instead of submitting the form online, the website asks for a printed version to be mailed to an address.

Symantec Australia and New Zealand managing director Craig Scroggie said cyber criminals captured the details when the print button was pressed, allowing access to the accounts.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/5683048
Message 972 of 6,626
Latest reply

It still amazes me in this day and age, that people are not more savvy. I'd be phoning the ATO before filling out a form like that - and NO-ONE needs to know your PIN number for any reason. If the ATO want to access your account, they just pull your details, which is why all the bank accounts now have to have TFN linked to them.
Message 973 of 6,626
Latest reply

It is surprising, but then greed is a very powerful motivator.

People including financial advisors are still being bled dry by Nigerian scammers.
Message 974 of 6,626
Latest reply

I had a PayPal spam e-mail come into my Inbox yesterday. The give away to me was it was a dot co dot uk address. They look so real that people who aren't regular internet users are easily fooled.

I believe the ATO never send e-mails.
Message 975 of 6,626
Latest reply

They don't and neither do the banks. I'm so sick of bank emails.
~ Mon ~
Message 976 of 6,626
Latest reply

I received an email last night from a local Adelaide organisation which conducts seminars on overcoming dyslexia and other reading problems.

This bit cracked me up

Dysleixa and Reading Solutions -
Psychologists with over 20 years experience in helping children and adults overcome dyslexia, and other reading & learning difficulties

I guess spelling, typos and proofreading aren't in their job descriptions, so that's okay.
Message 977 of 6,626
Latest reply

I had a series of Bank spam emails last week all with the bank's name misspelt. It made me laugh, if you're going to scam people at least do it intelligently!
Message 978 of 6,626
Latest reply

pickles_bits
Community Member
๐Ÿ˜ฎ 220443786195
Message 979 of 6,626
Latest reply

I don't think he really wants to sell it do you? Shame he can't even spell Michael's name. ๐Ÿ˜ž
~ Mon ~
Message 980 of 6,626
Latest reply