Who is ebaying today?

I thought I'd get this thread up again.:-)

I've had enough excitement here for one day and am off to find my zzz's.

Good thing the weekend is coming up so we can play with all this new stuff.

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 1 of 6,626
Latest reply
6,625 REPLIES 6,625

Re: Who is ebaying today?

Do you have the one Aunty Jack used to frequent?
Message 1281 of 6,626
Latest reply

I used to go out with Aunty Jack's bass player. Does that count? :^O
Message 1282 of 6,626
Latest reply

Seriously?? Wow!!

Just complaining here and hoping someone is able to give me advice.

I've managed to burn myself tonight by splashing boiling oil on my wrist. While the rest of family finished cooking I cooled the area down, but I'm quite sore and concerned about getting through the night. Any hints ?
Message 1283 of 6,626
Latest reply

Ice packs and painkillers. Drink plenty of water and cover the area with a clean dressing when you go to bed so you don't knock it during the night.

Burns really, really hurt.

PS Yeah, seriously, Suz. We still keep in touch. He ended up becoming a youth worker after he finished up with A.J.
Message 1284 of 6,626
Latest reply

Thanks Judy. I'll just have to hope the gauze I've found is clean enough.

Next time you speak to him can you tell him, thank you. AJ is one of the things that saved part of my sanity when I was young. I still have the record.
Message 1285 of 6,626
Latest reply

sincomau
Community Member
If I recall correctly you should not bind a burn (Covering it I think is ok, but do not wrap the area)

Beyond that, I can only think of a bit of savlone
Message 1286 of 6,626
Latest reply

pickles_bits
Community Member
suz, hope your burn is not too bad.

I have a fair bit of marks due to oil splashes but seriously, if you hold the area that is burnt under cold water immediately (for at least 2 minutes), it leaves ugly looking boils but I have noticed that the 'burning' sensation is not there the next day.

hope yours gets better soon. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 1287 of 6,626
Latest reply

Oh, Suz, oil burns are awful. I hope you got through the night OK. Whilst studying I worked at KFC (Although it still had it's full title then) and the manager kept an aloe vera plant in the office, the juice is fantastic for soothing burns and reducing scaring. I would highly recommend it.

Hope you're feeling better this morning.
Message 1288 of 6,626
Latest reply

Thanks all. I did the cold water within seconds as I was right next to the tap. Then the kids took over dinner while I iced it. Found some Savlon in the cupboard and used it despite it being 8 years past it's use by date. Note to self: return it to the chemist and get some new stuff. I also bound it up overnight so it wouldn't rub on the sheets, but took that off when I got up. It doesn't feel too bad today so I'll just content myself with a visit to the chemist.
Message 1289 of 6,626
Latest reply

Good to hear, Suz.
Message 1290 of 6,626
Latest reply