Who is ebaying today?

I thought I'd get this thread up again.:-)

I've had enough excitement here for one day and am off to find my zzz's.

Good thing the weekend is coming up so we can play with all this new stuff.

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 1 of 6,626
Latest reply
6,625 REPLIES 6,625

Re: Who is ebaying today?

:^O Excellent, Judy!

I have caught up with a school friend a couple of times this year after reconnecting through Facebook. At the end of January, I'm off to her place in Port Stephens for a weekend. I'm flying by myself on a plane for the first time in 7 years! I might even get to read a book!

(For those of who without kids, this is about as exciting as it gets. ๐Ÿ™‚ )
Message 2831 of 6,626
Latest reply

I have just joined Facebook, too. (My daughters think this is embarassing).
I have made contact with a penpal I had in the 70's from the USA. I couldn't find her, but found someone with the same surname in the same area she lived, who turned out to be her cousin. I have just received her email to write to her. So excited!
Message 2832 of 6,626
Latest reply

That's great, bookaddict! I have a penfriend I've been writing to since 1986, we have only just switched to emailing each other, but still send the occasional snail mail. We have met once in London.

I also had penfriends in other places, and the grandparents of a Canadian boy once turned up at my front door for a visit.

I guess kids these days don't have penfriends, do they?
Message 2833 of 6,626
Latest reply

Kids these days don't even email each other!

It's SMS, Skype, MSN, FB or some other kind of instant messaging, or it's nothing.

My niece has just gone to Germany for a year and her grandmother gave her some handmade stationary. I'm sure it will either come home at the end of the year, or get left behind unused. She won't even email us - the only way we can communicate with her is by video-messaging her on Skype.
Message 2834 of 6,626
Latest reply

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I used to love getting those stationery sets for presents. Beautiful matching paper and envelopes, even better if it was scented.

I learnt so much from having penfriends and it used to amaze me that the piece of paper came from the other side of the world!

I still write proper letters to the boy we sponsor in Kenya, and receive handwritten letters in return. As they don't have electricity I think this will continue to be our manner of communication for some time!
Message 2835 of 6,626
Latest reply

Ha ha we are up to 60 book boxes to date - and not even got to the business yet ๐Ÿ™‚ Ah well another 50 - 60 boxes yet to pack not to mention the furniture ๐Ÿ˜›
Message 2836 of 6,626
Latest reply

OMG, Nicola, this is what I have to look forward to in a couple of weeks. :_|

I'm not sure if it's easier, harder or makes no difference that we're only moving a few suburbs away, compared with you moving a couple of states away.
Message 2837 of 6,626
Latest reply

good luck with the move everyone

been in here since oct, and I still have boxes of books, in the lounge room and in the hallway :^O
Message 2838 of 6,626
Latest reply

I'm dreading moving. Going to have to get my skates on in the new year, though. I should probably stop reading this thread with all its discouraging stories too... :^O

A buyer in Taiwan has contacted me about a very cheap book, although the airmail's going to cost them $13. I've decided to be brave and see if they want to go ahead with the transaction as I've got to start somewhere with international sales. The list of things you can't sent to Taiwan is pretty interesting too: no asparagus!
Message 2839 of 6,626
Latest reply

Kelly, I used to love the stationery, too. So much that I used to always keep a sample of each set. I still have a few pieces but started using it for all those notes to the teacher. They seem to appreciate it, too. The girls often say how their teacher comments on the lovely paper.

How did you feel when the grandparents of your penfriend came to visit? Hope it wasn't unannounced.
Message 2840 of 6,626
Latest reply