Who is ebaying today?

I thought I'd get this thread up again.:-)

I've had enough excitement here for one day and am off to find my zzz's.

Good thing the weekend is coming up so we can play with all this new stuff.

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 1 of 6,626
Latest reply
6,625 REPLIES 6,625

Re: Who is ebaying today?

Can someone tell me what they're selling in this listing? I'm really confused.

Apollo Babylon 5 Red Dwarf Titanic Independence Day

Do they have multiple sets of these books or what? And is it 'legal' by eBay standards.
Message 6531 of 6,626
Latest reply

So they have a heap of books and have bundled them all into the one listing to save on listing fees, and the time and effort involved in creating individual listings.

Lazy seller, and a sure-fire way to cop bad FB and stars. Apart from the red text stating '*****All Books Sold Individually *****', they haven't given any other information about choosing a title. And having photos of 2 books together is also asking for trouble.
Message 6532 of 6,626
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member
Another one that can't be reported,so this seller will get away with it and then others will think they can do the same.

There are a number of listings now that can't be reported that violate eBay's own terms and policies and will cost them money.

Congratulations must go to the bright spark that decided to change the report system and the one that decided to try and hide live help,(they must be brilliant,:^O).

Hopefully they haven't hired too many of them as there are probably a lot more working items that need to be fixed to this sites standards,:-(

X-(
Message 6533 of 6,626
Latest reply

Thanks for checking. Wasn't certain what I was reading.
Message 6534 of 6,626
Latest reply

dorroughby
Community Member
The listing can be reported as a choice of different items is being offered.
Quote of the day: "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." Noam Chomsky
Message 6535 of 6,626
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Thanks,I know it could be reported,but there is no option in the report link that can be used to report it.

If you report it using one of the options and it doesn't "fit" that option nothing will be done.

They have also done away with the brief description that you used to be able to give to explain further why it was being reported.

The options given as to why it's being reported are now very limited and there are a number of listings that can't be reported now because of it.

It's the same when the 0 feedback scammers start listing again,(which could mean 1000's of members ripped off and no way to report them except to try life help),X-(

Message 6536 of 6,626
Latest reply

dorroughby
Community Member

Thanks,I know it could be reported,but there is no option in the report link that can be used to report it.

Report item => Report Category 'Listing practices' => Reason for report 'Avoiding eBay fees' => Detailed Reason 'Offering choices'
Quote of the day: "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." Noam Chomsky
Message 6537 of 6,626
Latest reply

I might have another go at reporting that listing later, if I have time. I have class this evening, I shouldn't be here now, you haven't seen me...

Anyone for Grug? http://bugreviews.wordpress.com/2011/10/25/grug%E2%80%99s-big-book-of-fun/
Message 6538 of 6,626
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member
Thanks,:-D

Just didn't check enough,looked like some of the others so I presumed,:_|

Should know better by now not to presume,X-(

Message 6539 of 6,626
Latest reply

Great article in the New York Times

For Their Children, Many E-Book Readers Insist on Paper - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/21/business/for-their-children-many-e-book-readers-insist-on-paper.html?_r=1
Message 6540 of 6,626
Latest reply