Afterpay option is unavailable

Afterpay option is not available for eligible items at the moment, it's simply not showing during checkout. It was working fine before, I made my last purchase just two weeks ago using Afterpay.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have contacted eBay support today, they said there is a technical issue at the moment and they're actively working on that.

Hello Andrew, please note that Afterpay is having some technical issue because of which the same is not going through. Similar like you we've had other customers as well since today morning who have been facing the same issue. I would request you to wait till tomorrow and wait to make the transaction as the same will be resolved by then. I can understand that the AfterPay payment option is not showing up on the checkout page. Please be assured, I am here to help you with best of my efforts. We regret the inconvenience it has caused to you. I have quickly contacted our dedicated technical team and came to know that this is a global issue where the valued buyers are not shown the AfterPay payment option. Actually, we do not have a dedicated payment gateway of our own, all our payments are processed via PayPal checkout. Here, the PayPal dedicated payment gateway is experiencing AfterPay outage due to which the option is not showing up. Please allow me to share that our technical team is working on it to resolve it as soon as possible. We have got an update that this will be resolved within 36 hours. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this. Sometimes, even the best computers face issues and bugs like this which cause inconvenience to our valued members. It is in times like these that we badly need your support as we do get really anxious that our customers are not having a good experience as we always aim for.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Is it showing on the actual listing before you click on buy?

Have you contacted anyone about it?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I have contacted eBay support today, they said there is a technical issue at the moment and they're actively working on that.

Hello Andrew, please note that Afterpay is having some technical issue because of which the same is not going through. Similar like you we've had other customers as well since today morning who have been facing the same issue. I would request you to wait till tomorrow and wait to make the transaction as the same will be resolved by then. I can understand that the AfterPay payment option is not showing up on the checkout page. Please be assured, I am here to help you with best of my efforts. We regret the inconvenience it has caused to you. I have quickly contacted our dedicated technical team and came to know that this is a global issue where the valued buyers are not shown the AfterPay payment option. Actually, we do not have a dedicated payment gateway of our own, all our payments are processed via PayPal checkout. Here, the PayPal dedicated payment gateway is experiencing AfterPay outage due to which the option is not showing up. Please allow me to share that our technical team is working on it to resolve it as soon as possible. We have got an update that this will be resolved within 36 hours. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this. Sometimes, even the best computers face issues and bugs like this which cause inconvenience to our valued members. It is in times like these that we badly need your support as we do get really anxious that our customers are not having a good experience as we always aim for.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Who is writing this so called solution, it is now 15 August 2021 and still AfterPay is not showing for many of my listing categories ? In collectables its only supposed to be barring Tobacciana,( cant fathom why an old collectable cigarette tin should miss out but there are some strange ideas around.)  Its NOT fixed yet so I will keep annoying the help desk till it is and you should do so too.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Who is writing the solution?

The person who provided it 6 months ago.

Things change. Bleating that stuff that worked 6 months ago will not fix things today is an exercise in futility.

Maybe you should take your own advice and pester the Help desk. None of us can influence things, no matter how many times you post your complaint.

I prefer to deal with people who can afford to buy my items, so a lack of Afterpay doesn't concern me at all.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Seriously!

"I prefer to deal with people who can afford to buy my items, so a lack of Afterpay doesn't concern me at all."

arn't you the lucky one. I want my customers to have all options for payment and if thats you're preference then keep your opinions to yourself.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Seriously.

I don't give rat's how people pay. I also don't bump old threads to add nothing of value.

If you don't want factual answers maybe try -

1. Not bumping old threads

2. Providing relevant information applicable to the thread you bump

3. Not asking a non-question and expecting an answer

4. Understanding that the member boards are inhabited by members who have as much right as you to express their opinions

5. That your dismissal of my opinion reflects more on you than me, and that it makes no difference to my ability (and willingness) to comment

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Of 24 Listings my Listings are 10 without Afterpay and 14 with it - Customers want to know why and so do I.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

wow. what an elitist snob.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

The post to which you have replied was made two years ago.

(Furthermore - why bump an old dead thread simply to castigate another member?)

Things have changed; nothing stands still; this thread no longer offers real relevance.

I suspect than a moderator will be along soon to lock this old thread.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply