Cant submit a refund request.

I purchased some Singway 100w voltage converters back in October 2016.  They weren't used until Dec 2016 thru Feb 2016 then not used again until Dec 2017.  They have all failed by the time I used them again in Dec 2017.  Some even melted.  This is a highly dangerous product.  I went back through my purchase and contacted the seller to rquest a refund.  He emailed back and says he can't find my order which is clearly on my purchase history list.  I am unable to provide him my email address due to ebay rules which he has requested.  He still says after numerous emails that he cant find my order and I am unable to put in a returns request as it only gives me the option to contact seller, nothing else.  I tried to submit a return request for an item not received, but the item number doesn't come up on ebay so I am presuming it has been removed (not surprised as these things are **bleep**).  

How do I submit a request for a refund to ebay as clearly the seller isn't going to help me and there seems to be no way to do it on ebay either.  I am going around in circles here.  Surely there is still a warranty period and buyers are entitled to a refund outside of non-delivery and damaged items on arrival???

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

If you bought in 2016 then it is also too late for Paypal

Was this a 'regular' seller or an actual store?

Have there been any recalls of the product in the past 12 months? 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

If I purchased in October 2016, it is less than 18 months from purchase to todays date.  I tried to find out any info on these products but was nable to find any real reviews or information on these products.  The multiple sellers I purchased these off appear to have all been taken off ebay and they apparently none of them have any record of my purchase.  Looks like I will have to clock this one up for a loss.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I would have liked to put a warning out there about them but I can't rate it now either because apparently it doesnt exist.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay's limit is 30 days and Paypal's is 180 days for a refund

18 months being well over

Even so, buying on ebay, a warrenty means zip unless it was an actual registered re-seller of a product

A product safety re-call would have been issued by the maker or supplier (if there was any product safety re-call)

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Most goods would only have a 12 month warranty.

So, at that (the 12 month) point, there was no indication they weren't working. Given they initially worked up until Feb 2017, 4 months after purchase, it would seem they were in working order.

How were they stored for the 10 months you didn't use them?

eBay only allow members easy access to records for 90 days. Any further back than that involves a fair amount of effort. It would be impossible to prove SNAD after 15 months, especially if you have used the items. Especially for a considerable amount of time.

You are correct, however, you will have to chalk it up to unrealistic expectations experience.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

30 days in eBay and 180 days in PayPal is all you have to open a case.

You don't buy from eBay so any warranty you get is from the seller.

That's why warranty items are best bought from the large known retail sellers.

The only other options are ACORN and consumer affairs if the seller is in Australia but hard to enforce anything when it's online.

(No para breaks so didn't read it all)

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

so if its within 180 days, can I still submit a claim via paypal.  I thought you had to open a case in ebay first?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

If you bought in 2016 then it is also too late for Paypal

Was this a 'regular' seller or an actual store?

Have there been any recalls of the product in the past 12 months? 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

If I purchased in October 2016, it is less than 18 months from purchase to todays date.  I tried to find out any info on these products but was nable to find any real reviews or information on these products.  The multiple sellers I purchased these off appear to have all been taken off ebay and they apparently none of them have any record of my purchase.  Looks like I will have to clock this one up for a loss.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I would have liked to put a warning out there about them but I can't rate it now either because apparently it doesnt exist.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay's limit is 30 days and Paypal's is 180 days for a refund

18 months being well over

Even so, buying on ebay, a warrenty means zip unless it was an actual registered re-seller of a product

A product safety re-call would have been issued by the maker or supplier (if there was any product safety re-call)

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Most goods would only have a 12 month warranty.

So, at that (the 12 month) point, there was no indication they weren't working. Given they initially worked up until Feb 2017, 4 months after purchase, it would seem they were in working order.

How were they stored for the 10 months you didn't use them?

eBay only allow members easy access to records for 90 days. Any further back than that involves a fair amount of effort. It would be impossible to prove SNAD after 15 months, especially if you have used the items. Especially for a considerable amount of time.

You are correct, however, you will have to chalk it up to unrealistic expectations experience.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

As Dave mentioned, the seller only has records of individual sales for 90 days. After that they drop off the system, so your seller is correct when they say they havnt got a record of the individual sale. I cant think of any way a seller could track a sale from 18 months ago through ebay. If you have had the items that long, you are pretty optimistic if you think that you can claim a refund, even if you havnt used them much in that time.

The only time this might happen would be if the manufacturer had an Australian warranty system that covered the items for that length of time, the seller was signed up to the system and they lodged the appropriate paper work................. And the chances of that happening on ebay are..........

Spoiler
Wait...........Is that a pink, flying pig coming this way......Smiley Very Happy

:

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply