Domestic Letter with tracking Auspost

cvbreaks
Community Member

Hey All,

I have noticed an issue recently with "domestic letter w/ tracking" . The buyer has selected the $5.50 domestic letter with tracking option as that's what i had offered for the item, but when i try to purchase the label the minimum option i have is $10.60 (aus parcel post) . I have gone through and changed the dimensions/weight multiple times but still no success. The Letter with tracking option is not appearing.

I have contacted Ebay on this matter and they have told me to go through the Auspost website to purchase/ print the label instead and add the tracking manually to the item BUT even on the Auspost website the minimum purchase option i find is the parcel option at $10.60.

I was able to select domestic letter with tracking as an option to the buyer when i first listed the item 1 week before, as im using my own envelope and it is just a trading card , but now i am only able to find the parcel mail option when purchasing a label and have lost 5 dollars on both items.  One of the buyers is in the same state, so i'm not sure why im being asked to purchase a label at $10.60 still...

I'm wondering if others are having this issue??. I changed the weight/ dimensions to try and fix it as I've used the domestic letter option multiple times.

See screenshots attached

Auspost website .tried multiple things and changing dimensionsAuspost website .tried multiple things and changing dimensionsChanged dimensions and weight but still no letter optionChanged dimensions and weight but still no letter optionBuyer chose and purchased letter w/tracking option($5.50)Buyer chose and purchased letter w/tracking option($5.50)

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When I use the tracked envelopes, I use 'standard postage' - that covers you Australia-wide

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

This is the default on my template. It gives me the option to select regular letter with tracking because of the dimensions are suited for Auspost. I just changed them again to double check the option is still there, which it is . When it comes to purchasing a label it is not there though. Standard tracking postage in Aus for  $10.60 seems ridiculous 

cvbreaks_0-1703131239249.png

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

A tracked letter is exactly that - a letter. You cannot buy a label, you need to buy the envelope.

You can't purchase them from eBay. Go to your post office and buy one there. Maybe stock up - you get a (very) small discount for buying 10+.

Be aware that the price is probably going up by 20% on 2 Jan 2024

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Hey Dave, 

I have purchased a label before under tracking letter though.  When you go to print label its come up with the option of buying a letter with tracking for $5.50.  I've seen multiple people in Australia charging $5.50 too and the item arrives in a blank padded mailer with a label which has been printed.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Letters are not parcels. eBay don't do letters. AP will provide labels when the sender pays the requisite amount.

Your choice.

Either run around in circles or purchase the product you have advertised. I don't give a. I know how postage works.

Just buy a tracked envelope from AP. That's the only way you will get the service you advertised. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Arguing false points won't help you.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply