Ebay Customer Phone Support Broken

allfixelectrical
Community Member

It seems that it is now impossible to contact ebay customer support by telephone on 1800322928.

It gives two rings then complete silence.

Another day, another broken ebay feature.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What makes you think it is ebay" fault.

It is hardly the first time that Telstra or Optus has had a problem.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yeah, but... it's eBay's phone number, so of course it's eBay's fault.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member
lyndal1838 & davewil1964 thanks for the "helpful" sarcastic replies. The standard of these boards at times seems to be matching ebay's overall performance.
I used multiple carriers and phone services to attempt to contact customer service at the time including NBN via TPG and Telstra mobile network.
Must've been a massive Telco outage !!
I made the comment more in frustration at the plethora of eBay system glitches, bugs and at times deliberate obfuscation that get in the way of doing business on this platform on a daily basis these days.
I am not exactly a newbie on eBay but the way scorn and abrupt replies are heaped onto far lesser experienced users who dare to enter into the eBay Australia Discussion Board Clique often borders on bullying at worst and trolling at best.
There is a general rule to go by on help forums and that is if you can't offer a helpful or civil comment then it is best not commenting at all.
In the words of the eBay Concierge ... Have a noice daaaay!
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@allfixelectrical,

It is frustrating for you, I understand.

What davewil and lyndal conveyed, I expect, is that even though it is frustrating, the culprit for a phone problem isn't eBay itself (even though there are lots of things for which we can legitimately blame them), but rather it is the phone provider at fault.

So... you cannot really call this a "broken eBay feature".

Rather than try to phone eBay, eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

Weโ€™re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply