Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Is anyone else having issues selling this week?

Over the last week I've had numerous buyers trying to purchase items from me. When they try to buy a message comes up at checkout and it says,  "the seller is unable to post to your location".  They are domestic buyers and local buyers. This is affecting over 220 of my listings.

I have contacted Ebay regarding this issue several times this week its a serious technical issue affecting my account and is preventing me from selling any items on eBay!  I was told today that it's possible it could be a cyber attack and it is happening to other sellers the Ebay customer support officer was reluctant to tell me anything further.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Thanks for being respectful unlike some other users on here.. seem intent on nastiness..gutterpunkz!

I have finally rectified the issue myself. Ebay customer support could not help me.

I went through a series of elimination with one listing and signed into another account to test.

I ended up deleting all my postage options except Ebay postage labels and it worked, all my listings have now been fixed. It seems that for some odd reason, Ebay only allows me to select Ebay postage labels as an option, I had to delete other postage options for buyers.

View solution in original post

Message 35 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Sounds very much like the eBay rep went off script

I can't imagine them being so blasé about a cyber attack

Do you have a transcript showing that comment?

I would be contacting the ACSC and letting them know about that little claim

But I really do think that was just something to say to 'get rid of you', since it seems the issue is in the too hard basket for eBay

Surely a genuine cyber attack would be out of the bag and widely reported 

Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

That's exactly what I thought, conversation started out when she admitted to me that this issue is affecting " a number of other sellers" and when she advised that to me I then mentioned to her that it could be a cyber attack and she didn't deny it she said it's possible and hesitated and was silent, so you're probably right she may have said that to me because they do not have "a fix" at the moment but she said that she would get back in touch with me soon when the team works out how to fix the issue that is affecting and "some other sellers as well"!!!

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

It's worth noting that I have had an account on eBay for 18 years so it could be affecting a small number of sellers that have old listings I'm not certain what the issue is..

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

@sydneyvintagebikes wrote:

Is anyone else having issues selling this week?

Over the last week I've had numerous buyers trying to purchase items from me. When they try to buy a message comes up at checkout and it says,  "the seller is unable to post to your location".  They are domestic buyers and local buyers. This is affecting over 220 of my listings.

I have contacted Ebay regarding this issue several times this week its a serious technical issue affecting my account and is preventing me from selling any items on eBay!  I was told today that it's possible it could be a cyber attack and it is happening to other sellers the Ebay customer support officer was reluctant to tell me anything further.

No - you mentioned to the Rep - it could be a cyber attack - there is a difference.

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Yes words do matter, and when she said this issue is affecting "other sellers" she would not divulge how many, she said that "there is a known issue and they are trying to fix it" I asked her could it be a cyber attack, she hesitated and went quiet, she said, yes it could be, they are not certain how to fix this issue and all she would say is that this has been reported by other buyers as well.. 

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Those Reps can't find a comma - let alone discern a cyber attack.

Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Customer service are hopeless.

Chances of it being a cyber attack - unlikely. They will tell you anything to get you off the line and make you think it is something other than a glitch that is their fault.

Chances it is affecting other sellers/buyers - likely.

Honestly, I would not even bother to contact them unless it is with the most simple of queries.

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Ive just contacted another Customer Service agent, she confirmed there's a worldwide issue error code 13708 meaning "the seller will not ship to your location".

She advised it's affecting sellers worldwide and they are working on the problem to resolve!!!

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

oh and you'll love this, half way through my phone call the line went dead and "accidentally on purpose" got disconnected! 

Customer service agents are absolutely terrible.. you'd think if they cared about ebay customers especially loyal customers who have been with them for 18 years they would bother to call them back, they have my phone number! Awful experience.. and getting nowhere, account severely impacted, ebay are doing nothing. It's always been an uneasy feeling relying so heavily on one company for my income and livlihood.

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply