Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Is anyone else having issues selling this week?

Over the last week I've had numerous buyers trying to purchase items from me. When they try to buy a message comes up at checkout and it says,  "the seller is unable to post to your location".  They are domestic buyers and local buyers. This is affecting over 220 of my listings.

I have contacted Ebay regarding this issue several times this week its a serious technical issue affecting my account and is preventing me from selling any items on eBay!  I was told today that it's possible it could be a cyber attack and it is happening to other sellers the Ebay customer support officer was reluctant to tell me anything further.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Yep I saw that.. I have a few choices..

1) lose my 18yr old account with 100% feedback and start all over again with a new user account, spend many many hours recreating all my listings which have been created gradually over many years, most photos have been deleted once I create a listings, so new photos would be screenshots or inferior..

b) use my other ebay account of a family member and redo everything there..

c) Do either of the above and the same thing happen without a resolution..

Message 12 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Before doing anything, be aware that it is Friday (maintenance day on eBay)....and could be 'fixed' sooner than you think....good luck

Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Have you had a look into the ' other ' site. ??

Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

That error code  13708  would appear to hold as much water as your cyber attack claim

I am guessing you have outlived your welcome at CS.  The code 13708 may be a private code between

CS reps,  but does not appear to be a genuine ebay  error code.

13027WarningShort error: Merchandising method is available for Store sellers only. Long error: Merchandising method replaceable_value is available for Store sellers only.
13028Serious ErrorShort error: You cannot choose both "Show Store Inventory items first" and "Show items with Gallery images first". Long error: You cannot choose both "Show Store Inventory items first" and "Show items with Gallery images first".
13030Serious ErrorShort error: The weight for the item is too high. Long error: Unable to calculate shipping costs since the weight of the items is too high or too many items were selected. Please contact the seller to determine the shipping price.
13031Serious ErrorShort error: Incentives are not allowed for unpaid order/transaction. Long error: Incentives are not allowed for unpaid order/transaction.
14000Serious ErrorShort error: Missing required input property replaceable_value. Long error: Missing required input property replaceable_value.
14001Serious ErrorShort error: Enum value replaceable_value not supported for input. Long error: Enum value replaceable_value not supported for input.
Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

I assumed the cs rep in question has a family member born on 13th July 2008

Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

In all probability the problem has probably been created by mucking around with your business policies etc.

Did you manage  to finally  cancel the listing that was initially causing you trouble, listing number has not yet been disclosed here, so we can't offer anymore help there.

Was click & collect  causing the problem, as suggested,

Despite you denying using click & collect,  it was listed as a valid shipping method on well over half your listings.  

Either you have since opted out of  click & collect,  or it was removed from your listings via ebay, the later meaning you were in breach of click and collect terms and subject to penalties and restrictions.

As you have admitted fiddling with your business policies etc, that is where I would be looking to resolve your current issues.

Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

I found a post in the ebay community titled "ongoing technical issues" re: all the outstanding error's ebay have not resolved!

I am genuinely shocked and I find it bizarre that you would not take my word for it, what could I possibly gain by wasting my time on here feeding random members information that wasn't factual?

Here is the link for you gutterpunkz05 below:

It is under ONGOING TECHNICAL ISSUES:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

LEADING PINNED TOPIC AT THE TOP.

Scroll through and find error message 13708 re: issue with shipping.

Do you need any more proof gutterpunkz05?

Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Followed  your link to  ONGOING TECHNICAL ISSUES.   yes scrolled down  13708 and guess what I got.

You.

Error Code 13708 "seller will not ship to your location" Worldwide issue

Have been advised by ebay customer support that this is affecting sellers worldwide.It's a known error code 13708 and message reads "seller will not ship to your location"It's affecting all 220 of my listings. I cannot sell to anyone because buyers a...

07-14-2022 08:46 PM

by sydneyvintagebikes Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller won't post to your location! Serious Ebay technical issue

I have noticed this week that I have been contacted by numerous buyers advising me that I will not post to their location. When they try to purchase from me they get a notice and they are unable to proceed I have contacted eBay and they said that the...

07-14-2022 07:30 PM
Message 20 of 43
Latest reply