Ebay gift card balance

lu_207215
Community Member

I bought a VIRTUAL item on Roblox with my $50 giftcard (AUD) that I purchased from woolworths. The purchase worked and I got my items, but now there is no balance left on my card WTH and I can't buy anything with it the balance has been reduced to exactly $0 somehow. Never buying ebay gift card again bro, they drained me of $30. I'm taking screenshots and going to social media. Where has my giftcard balance gone, and will they return it?!?!?!. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay gift card balance

Other members cannot tell you

Please do go to social media, no doubt you will get an accurate answer there from experts 

What were the terms of the gift card?

Did it say the amount had to be used all at once and remaining balance would be forfited ?

How do you know it was'nt this ' Roblox' site that drained you? certainly seems like a type of site that needs care when using 

When you check the balance and transaction record for the gift card, what does it show?

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Ebay gift card balance

Not entirely sure about eBay Australia, but on ebay.com when an eBay gift card is used the first time, any remaining balance is linked to the eBay account used, and the balance appears at checkout with a box to check to apply it to a future purchase.

The eBay Gift Card FAQ on ebay.com.au is not entirely clear on this point. One part says that the remaining balance remains on the card, while another says that the balance is saved against your account and you must use the same eBay account.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply