Feedback button is greyes out, cannot get intouch with customer service

How do I get intouch with customer service? I am unable to leave feedback on my purchases. Seller is not able to collect money unless I leave feedback?????? It is showing in my purchase list that I have recieved my purchase, why cannot the seller collect their money???? what is wrong with ebay????

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Most likely the seller is a new or 'sometimes' seller

As such, like all sellers in the same position, their funds are held by eBay until they prove they are a trust worthy seller

I am not sure what all the ????? are about, it sounds like you do not believe the seller

A seller being able to show eBay they have been given positive feedback *can* in some cases get their funds released earlier than the usual 30 day hold

eBay Help is at the top of every page to contact eBay (in normal business hours, so not now)

I doubt it is something they can assist with (other than telling you they will look into it)

There are other threads on the forum about the feedback button being greyed out, maybe have a look at those and see if anything suggested in them applies to your particular problem

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

To add, the getting their funds released earlier is based on assuming the seller has indeed completed sign up to Managed Payments in the first place, as they would have had to have done prior to selling to get paid at all

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

As already stated, the seller is telling the truth.

As for you not being able to leave feedback, have you tried the usual tricks, like clearing cache and cookies or trying another browser?

As for getting in touch with customer service, you can contact eBay via live chat from the help page (if you scroll down to "contact us"), but it is better not on the weekend if it is not a really easy question they can answer from a script because I am not sure they can transfer you to a supervisor on the weekend.

I would try clearing cache and cookies or another browser first anyway.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Sometime after posting in here it started working again, I have no idea why, as I did not clear cache etc, I just tried again for the umpteenth time and the button was not greyed out anymore. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply