Global Shipping program delivery advice incorrect

I live in Australia and often order items from the US which are delivered through the Global Shipping program which makes it easy for US vendors to manage the international shipping -

recently I purchased an item which Ebay shows as delivered - it hadn't been delivered so I checked with Ebay customer service who said I should check with the carrier who was Fedex 

I had the tracking number from Fedex (which Ebay supplies)  and contacted Fedex - they advised me that the item was "delivered"  to the Australian Postal Service who wold deliver it to the final destination - therefore they classed it as "delivered"    and it shows as signed for by the final recipient on the Fedex site -  clearly the final recipient has not signed for  the item   as it has not been delivered

I have an email from Fedex confirming this arrangement   - So this represents a significant glitch with the Global Shipping program - Ebay has documented  evidence that the item has been delviered and signed for fhen it has not 

An me the buyer has no direct relationship with the intermediate arrier Fedex and no wa of finding out what happened to an expensive package 

I think this is an unfortunate system falilure - it is still possible that the Australian Postal system may deliver the package - but if they don't it would seem that this is my risk  

I wold ask that Ebay look at the reporting of  the use of multiple carriers so that items are not reported as delivered when they are not   - on the whole I think the Global SHipping program works well and Ebay should be commended for organisaing it but this issue shows up a regrettable oversight in the tracking and shold be fixed

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay don't read here.

You would need to send comments/suggestions through help n contact at the top of the page.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Global shipping is a different company to Ebay. Ebay allows a buyer to mail to a different address and to combine postage for more than one item. 

However Global shipping takes your registered primary mailing address and  assesses postage based on that address. If you try to change the address the seller cannot change it. Ebay wiull not change it as they say Global shipping is a  separate comoany. I was advised to buy such an item wehn logged in under a diiferent mailing address. This does not work and Global shipping continues to charge based on where usual shipping address.

If they were genuinely interested in doing the best for bsuiness they would assess the postal charges based on where the item is to be mailed. I won't hold my breath as this has been a problem since Global shipping started.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If you're going to bump old threads, please at least answer the question.

Which has probably been resolved by this time, anyway.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply