Import Charges into Australia Not Showing on Paypal? **bleep**

So i realise importing low value items into Australia from outside of the country now incurs a 10% GST amount. That is not a problem as i operate a business and can claim this back through BAS.

The issue i have with this is that the tax amount simply does not show on the paypal statement? How can that be? I have paid a taxable amount of 10% therefore this MUST be displayed on the paypal reciept. However it simply is not the case.

So i am simply claiming the purchase as GST Inclusive however when it comes audit time.. this will be a fun battle to have with the ATO given that no tax amount is presented on the reciept. This is not an isolated occurance i have 10 to 15 examples of this occuring since the change.

I have provided a example can someone explain wth is going on here? Surely this is an oversight.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Import charges show at the very end of that order statement you have uploaded.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks Kopenhagen. However that is the order statement on "EBay" which will only remain available on EBays purchase history for a short amount of time.

This is unreasonable given that payment receipts are stored on Paypal indefinitely.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@revivedit wrote:
Thanks Kopenhagen. However that is the order statement on "EBay" which will only remain available on EBays purchase history for a short amount of time.

This is unreasonable given that payment receipts are stored on Paypal indefinitely.

That is because the GST is collected and remitted via ebay, not paypal.   When you buy from B&M Stores  the GST is indicated on your store receipt, not on your credit card or bank statement.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

So print your ebay receipt at the time of payment and file it away till you need it.

Surely you don't wait till the end of the tax year to get your paperwork in order?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply