I got a warning about a laser when attempting to bid on a tenon cutter spoke pointer.

I got a warning about a laser when attempting to bid on a tenon cutter spoke pointer. This item is a vintage woodworking tool, nothing to do with lasers. The warning notice locked me out of bidding on this item and it sold for less than I was prepared to bid. I contacted ebay three times to try to get the notice removed but they were unable to remove the notice. Why?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I got a warning about a laser when attempting to bid on a tenon cutter spoke pointer.

I am *guessing* the bots picked up the word 'pointer' and decided it could only be a laser pointer

The bots are often great like that

I once, a while ago on my selling account, tried to list one of those 'tap king' drink dispensers and the bots blocked me from doing so because there were water restrictions at the time and so I could'nt list  'a (garden) tap' without an approved water rating 

I would also hazard a guess the staff you spoke to may have either considered it too hard so did not try or are not 'high up enough' to over ride the bots

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks Sandy, The tool sold for quite a bit less than I would have paid, so the seller lost out in this case too.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply