I keep getting safe frame container on ebay, each time it comes up, ebay drops out.

Especially when looking up categories.

Karen

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I keep getting safe frame container on ebay, each time it comes up, ebay drops out.

Have you tried an ad blocker ? Just googled and someone asked same question last year with no

response. Kept googling and found a website re What is safe frame container. I don't understand it at

all although it does seem to be saying it's to do with ads.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I was getting 'something' totally random a couple of months back when I was looking for a certain bag

I can't remember now what it came up, but every time I search for that brand of bag I got a random message come up and the ebay tab closed

Had'nt happened before or since,,,, it might have been the same thing 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Take a look at this website, it's perfectly safe-just ignore the music lol Sounds like you may have

same issue and could try using an ad blocker to see if that works. I'm not very technology minded so

hope I'm not leading you ladies up the garden path lol

https://adtagmacros.com/what-is-safe-frame-safe-frame-container/

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@goltzjoesph,

Foxette has given you some excellent information.

SafeFrame is a controlled iframe, intended to permit third-party content (advertisements) to be served in a non-degraded and safe environment on sites which have SafeFrame installed.

An iframe - just to clarify that! - is an html document within another html document. A good example is when you want to copy and paste a YouTube video on another site - in a post on these boards, for instance.

In this context, an iframe - and in particular SafeFrame - is for ads.  So Foxette's reference to ads and Ad Blockers is spot on.

eBay clearly have SafeFrame installed on their site, and third-party publishers are serving their advertisements on eBay within that SafeFrame environment. It's certainly not unlikely or impossible that eBay's IT team have somehow got it wrong, and that the third-party content or the way in which SafeFrame has been utilised is interfering with eBay users being able to access eBay properly.

It may be a browser-specific problem; for instance, it could be that the way in which eBay's IT team have coded pages will render correctly in Firefox and Chrome, but not in Internet Explorer. It would not be the first time that coding correctly for visitors using IE has been neglected. eBay is best accessed anyway by using Firefox or Chrome rather than IE.

If you are using IE, then I'd strongly suggest that you download the latest versions of both Firefox and Google Chrome. You can use any of your browsers at will, and set one of them as your default browser once you've got used to them and decided on a favourite.

At any event, you should definitely use an Ad Blocker. AdBlock Plus is one of the best; it cuts out annoying and slow-loading advertisements on so many pages that I honestly don't know how I'd manage being online if I couldn't have AdBlock Plus installed.

There may be some sites where you need to disable AdBlock Plus for the full functionality of that site; it's easy to disable for a single site.

Good luck, and happy de-framing!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply