I need to contact Ebay, but nothing works. The "return process" is about to run out. What to do??

I need Ebay to step in and help with a "return process" which is going very wrong. But every option I try for trying to ask Ebay to step in or to contact Ebay fails to work!! The "return process" is about to run out of time, yet there seems to be no way to resolve it or even move forward with it!! Asking for help here seems like my last resort!!

The only option for contacting Ebay seems to be the new "Message us" chat feature (all other avenues seem to end with this one option). The automated assistant quickly determines that I should speak with an "agent". It says there will be about a 1 minute wait, but then when I select "Yes", that I want to speak with an agent it comes back with "I'm having trouble connecting you with an agent. Please try again later." I've tried again later many times but it never works.

Help!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I need to contact Ebay, but nothing works. The "return process" is about to run out. What to do??

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why do you want to return the item.....is there something wrong with it or do you just not like it?

How far have you got with the process.....has the seller agreed to the return?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks so much for replying! To answer your questions...

There is something wrong with it in that we ordered 4 hats, but they only sent us 2. We needed all 4 identical items by Christmas, so we made a purchase elsewhere and are returning the two.

The seller has agreed to the return, and seems to believe they have provided us with a return postage label, but actually they have not!

A key part of the problem is that the seller's English seems very poor. It is almost impossible to sensibly discuss this with them. They are just saying "pls ask ebay".

This seems like a clear case of where we need Ebay to intervene, but we found out that once the "return process" is started, the option of Ebay intervening/helping is removed. All other attempts to contact Ebay about this have so far failed.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

It sounds like the seller is overseas....probably China.  In this case they cannot provide a return label as it is an AP service.

All I can suggest now is to contact Live Chat.....go through the Help link at the top or bottom of any page.  Do not wait till the return process times out as it is nigh on impossible to get the case reopened.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you very much for that helpful information! That makes sense... that maybe they cannot provide a return label.

I've been trying all day to use the Live Chat, but the connecting to an "agent" keeps on failing. I really appreciate your advice about not waiting until the return process times out... Given that I can't seem to contact Ebay, and not wanting to time out, I think we will just pay for the return ourselves and trust that the seller will reimburse for this expense.

Thanks again for your help!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Have you been given an address to return the item to? 

Do NOT send anything back to a seller unless ebay has given you an address.....you will not get your postage costs and you have no leverage once you have sent the parcel.

What sort of money are we talking here.....and how much to send the item fully tracked back to the seller?

Is it worth taking the chance that the seller will reimburse you.....it is unlikely that he will do so.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply