Linking Australian bank account to seller profile

tkubec
Community Member

So I am trying to link Australian bank account to my profile to be able to withdraw money. It asks for BSB and bank account #, but always ends up with this:

We couldn't verify this bank account. Please select a different payment method.{e138406-1165408x}

I tried with different accounts (ANZ Access Advantage, NAB CLASSIC BANKING). I also contacted ebay support, but they're basically unable to help - usually they change this or that in the system and tell me to try 24h later, and then it still doesn't work.

Was anyone facing some similar issue? I am running out of ideas what the issue is.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tkubec
Community Member

At the end I managed to connect with my NAB account that uses exactly the same credentials. So it seems there is really some issue to link specifically ANZ bank accounts...

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Your Bank account name, must match exactly with your drivers licence and  ebay registration name.  If they do not all match, the bank account will not be accepted.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

You need to go through the full Managed Payments registration.

It is a lot more than linking a bank account.

Search for Managed Payments in the FAQs or Help.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, that all matches. My surname is uppercase on the drivers license, that's the only difference but that doesn't matter I guess?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Sure, the rest of the registration is all complete, it's just the bank account linking that doesn't go through.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I doubt the Capitals would be a problem, does  the account name and drivers licence, also match exactly with the details you registered with ebay back in 2007

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Is the bank account a personal account (if your eBay account is personal)? Conversely, is bank account a business account if your eBay account is a business one? The type of bank account must match the type of eBay account.

Note that many sellers have said it’s not worth making your eBay account a business one, as both types of account can sell and there are listing benefits for personal accounts… and while it’s possible to change from personal to business, it isn’t possible to go from business to personal (anecdotally - for ever), including (as I understand it) all linked accounts. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Yes the name matches everywhere...my name is still the same as in 2007 :))

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Individual ebay account & personal bank account.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

tkubec
Community Member

So after several checks with the ebay support they're now stating that ebay is not compatible with ANZ bank accounts. That is very hard to believe  for me as ANZ is one of the biggest bank institutions in the country.

Anyone else in Australia having ANZ account and using ebay with it?

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply