Listings not showing up in search

tr84me
Community Member

I have been experiencing issues where some of my listings are not showing up in searches. It's not appearing even if I searched for the item number. Have contacted support a couple of times and they say they will escalate and let me know; but they haven't replied me even though they have promised each time.

Have been listing for years with no issues. My descriptions, photos, etc are of good standard. It's pretty random, both BIN and Auction listings. I have listings since the start of June that are not showing, auction that run for days before I discover they are not searchable. I can't be spending my time checking the search every time I list something.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

cezm
Community Member

Listings can take up to 24 hours to appear in searches

It seems that you now have the same item listed 3 times, including one called test auction which is $10 cheaper than the others

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I have listed multiple items that have not shown up after 24 hours.

This was listed on June the 3rd. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/144062408160 

If you go directly to the link, you will see that it is accessible. However, search the item number and there will be no results. I have listed another listing of the same item because of this issue and it shows up if you search for both title and item number - 144076664795

The same item that you mentioned listed 3 times, I was testing out the listings and my theory after I posted this topic in community. The first 2 didn't appear, the 3rd one appeared immediately after listing. The difference between them? The 3rd one was listed with "Australia Post Standard Parcel" as postage service whilst the earlier 2 were listed with "eBay Postage Labels". I changed the first 2 to "Australia Post Standard Parcel" and voila they appeared on the searches. Changed them back to "eBay Postage Labels" and they remained searchable.

I then revised one of my older problematic listing and the postage service workaround resolved the issue as well.

I tested the above scenarios as I had a suspicion these issues appeared when the new "eBay Postage Labels" were introduced. Didn't think too much of it as there were somes listings that were working fine with "eBay Postage Labels".

Further investigations need to be done to determine whether "Free Postage" or any other delivery related modifications will impact the success of listings. But this should be eBay's technical team's job, not mine.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

i tried the same and didn't work how

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply