My Ebay account is not able to be linked to Flybuys and support keep advising me it is linked

elijh4
Community Member

I'll try and be succingct. But this covers 4 months of mecommunitcating with ebay support.

A year ago I linked my ebay account to a Flybys account ( i was a secondary user on my Partners Flybuys - meaning I get my own ID and password). All good no issues.
We split up and she closed my account - fair enough, leave it to her I have no need to access it anymore.

A while later. I notice that Flybuys still shows some details of the account (points reciently added, total in account) and that points are acruing due to my spendign. I decide to unlink the account . And to make my own Flybuys account and link my ebay to it -  why not.

It won't let me unlink the account. The action of unlinking requires me to log into the flybuys account to I guess "deauthorise" it. As far as I can tell My flybuys number / password no longer exist. I try on and off for a while periodically but can never de link. I see the points total of the 'linked' account accrure still. I called Flybuys and they advise I had a secondary accoutn and it was removed.

I contact ebay support and after quite a few basic replys to 'click here' to delink and me explaining it isn't working. eBay support finalyl escalted the issuse they even called me to record me authorising them to "manually delink" the account. A week later I'm told it is all good (witha 5am phone call). It wasn't.  A week later I was again told it was sorted - and it was I did not see the Flybuys details in my account.

Now I should be able to link the new account I had created and been using since Nov 2018 (yeah it took months to get this far.) 
 But no. I went to link, signed into the flybuys account and it redirected me back saying "You can't link this account again as it is already linked."  I have tried very combination of  loggining and out of both Flybuys and eBay, clearing cookies, incognito browsers and I awlays get the same message. even recorded a screecast to send to ebay of me doign this althoguh they told me they coudl not play the mpg video, and jsut wanted static screenshots.

So I contacted support and they just don't get it. They keep giving me basic instructions to click a link. they have "investigated and tell me they can see the account is linked fine, though they can't see what account it ts linked too they did give me a date and time which semes likely to be when I first tried to link the two acounts.

But from my point of view. It is not linked, it does not show a link or details as it did before and certainly none of my ebay purchases are showing in flybuys.  And yep I have contact Flybuys several times as requested /a dvised by ebay when they have said it must be on there end. But i can't see how it is and Flybuys agree they have no sign of that account beign linked now or ever.

So I have just been told by ebay support again to "just check my dashboard" via this link... and my head is hitting the desk. the tickets just seem to be reset to the basic responses and no one seems to be abel to see / acknowledeg that somthign is actualyl wrong here. Its very very frustrating. i'm fairly certain who ever 'manaully' removed the ebay link from my accoutn did not do so 'cleanly' and some how the system is now half linked.  I have said as much but this gets no where.

What can i do?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

My Ebay account is not able to be linked to Flybuys and support keep advising me it is linked

Open a new flybuys account ?

(I don't know how they work)

But I have read that you need to link from the Flybuys account.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply... but I have opened a new Flybuys acount thats the whole point. I have actually grabbed a new card fromt he Coles Checkout and tried to add that as well and it fails.

Since I have points on flybuys and multiple accounts can't be combined a new one is very unappealing.

If ebay can't fix my account then I guess the only solution is to open a new ebay account and abandon this one which is unappealing (and possibly against ebay terms? would mean I need a new email? would mean I need a new paypal account? loos my buying / selling history?)

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

You have no recent selling history - on this account. You have a whole 123 feedback in 10 years - hardly a big loss if you start again.

You won't need a new Paypal account.

You will need a new email address, which can be linked to your current Paypal account.

Are Flybuys really worth that much? Really?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply