Oops, we had a technical hiccup

ebumbum
Community Member

Hello,

I ordered an item on 2 July 2023 with Est. delivery Mon 10 Jul - Fri 14 Jul.  I contacted the seller on 7 July 2023 to ask why he had not posted the item as yet.  He replied that "your item is going to dispatch next week as we have got ETA of new stock".   However, he had not posted the item in the following week, so I contacted him again on 15 July 2023 to request an update.  He did not reply till now (17 July 3pm AWST).  I have sent him another message requesting him to cancel the order, however when I try to "Report an item you did not receive" to Ebay and click on the item picture, I get "Oops, we had a technical hiccup".

Can someone from Ebay resolve the technical issue with reporting an item I did not receive?  Or maybe someone from the Community can help?

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are attempting to start an "item not received" case using a browser and getting a "technical hiccup" error:

Try using the eBay app, if possible to start the "item not received" case -- I seem to be able to get farther along in the process using the app than when using a desktop browser. At least three users have indicated that they were able to successfully start an "item not received" case through the app when the browser link gave that error message.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Two things you could try, firstly clear cache and cookies then reboot your computer or try a different browser.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for your quick reply. 

I cleared cache and cookies and rebooted and tried two different browsers on two different laptops but get the same issue.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

What browser are you using? 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

what is the item number, please?

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

eBay item number:256101413940

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Firefox 115.0.2 (64-bit) and

Microsoft Edge Version 114.0.1823.82 (Official build) (64-bit)

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@ebumbum wrote:

eBay item number:256101413940

Looking at their feedback it wouldn't surprise me in the least if eBay shut them down, and refund all their buyers.

As to your glitch, all I can suggest is try again tomorrow and see if you can open a dispute through the MBG.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

You could try using Edge… although Firefox is usually fine.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

If you are attempting to start an "item not received" case using a browser and getting a "technical hiccup" error:

Try using the eBay app, if possible to start the "item not received" case -- I seem to be able to get farther along in the process using the app than when using a desktop browser. At least three users have indicated that they were able to successfully start an "item not received" case through the app when the browser link gave that error message.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply