Password forced reset - Account lockout

I see many peple have the same issue with being locked out of their account and being forced to reset their pasword. It makes absolutely no sense to invoke this without firstly attempting to contact the user with their secret Question to verify if in fact the account has or not been hacked.

And like so many eBay members, I access eBay from multiple platforms, Pc's, Tablets, Virtual systems such as Bluestacks etc, and VPN's. Having to reset my password just because eBay is so backward in asking for verification via the secret Question is unforgivable and totally defeats the purpose of the secret questions purpose.

I have enough on my platter to remember let alone new passwords just because of some polcy maker's decision "Not" to send verification or notce via the secret question. 

eBay, not the smartest, but definitely becoming the most annoying.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You could always do what I did....reset the password with the same one....it worked a treat and no new passwords to remember.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You cannot reuse an old password.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Two and a half years after this thread was current, you are replying to a deceased member.

0/10

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply