Popup to click ok to win

4 times today while looking at products the screen goes blank then a pop up appears asking me to click ok as i have been chosen to recieve a Iphone, tablet or samsung S9.

The only way to get out of it is to close that window.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Popup to click ok to win

Very good idea to ignore the things

Have you already got your pop up blocker on and an ad blocker in place?

Many people have reported getting swamped with spam after 'entering'  and nobody has ever once heard of anyone winning 

Ebay don't seem to care, in fact some of these types of things are even 'supported' by ebay (there is one to win $5000

Again, no sign or mention of there ever being a winning

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Popup to click ok to win

Very good idea to ignore the things

Have you already got your pop up blocker on and an ad blocker in place?

Many people have reported getting swamped with spam after 'entering'  and nobody has ever once heard of anyone winning 

Ebay don't seem to care, in fact some of these types of things are even 'supported' by ebay (there is one to win $5000

Again, no sign or mention of there ever being a winning

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Popup to click ok to win

This isn't a normal pop-up. The whole webpage changes to a new page and the message is in a small box in the middle of the page, with a black filter showing over the rest of the page. I've had it happen twice now and also ignored it. First time I closed the tab, second time I went back to a previous page.

You don't have to click on anything to get this particular page/ad. It just appears out of nowhere. I can't remember the details but the first time I saw it something made me think it was from Microsoft.
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Popup to click ok to win

Holy carp  Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised

Not had one of those..................................not looking forward to it being my turn to get it

Ugh

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Popup to click ok to win

It looks like this.  It was probably the windows logo at the top that made me think it was microsoft, but no way was I clicking on it!

Screenshot (315).png

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Popup to click ok to win

I don't blame you one little bit

Dodgey dodgey dodgey !

Thank you for the screenshot so I know it when it hits

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Popup to click ok to win

brerrabbit, had you been searching for something in particular when this appeared?

(And you're right; if you'd clicked onto the popup, it would have been like engaging in intimacy with a Hep B syphilis-infected plague-carrier, in a manner of speaking.)

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Popup to click ok to win

It has been happening to me too. In my case, I haven't been scrolling through or clicking anything. All I have done is left an eBay window open (either my Watchlist or My Selling page), gone to another window to do something else, and upon returning have found the bombardment ad. Very odd.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Popup to click ok to win

The first time it happened to me I was just scrolling down my summary page using the slider on the right. I was about halfway down the page when suddenly the page changed on me. I can't remember what happened the second time but I don't think I was looking at products and was more likely to have been looking at my sold section or something similar.

A friend of mine emailed this morning to say it's happened to her a couple of times in the last two days, and it only happens on ebay, no other site.  Her son is a computer geek so it'll be interesting to see if I hear any more, but so far they think it's ebay doing it, or allowing it, which doesn't make much sense, but I think they mean that it's not something bad on my computer.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Popup to click ok to win

Far more likely to be related to the actual browser than the specific web-page, I'd think. Possibly a rogue extension or script of some sort.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply