Restrictions on account not being removed

ausdeals
Community Member

(Long post)

eBay has put restrictions on my account for dropshipping more than a year ago, since then I have not dropshipped at all, however the restrictions have not been removed.

When contacting customer support about the issue they tell me to follow the dropshipping policy for a month and the restrictions will be lifted. I first contacted them about 4 months ago to request the restrictions get removed. It was denied because apparently there are "indications I am not in control of my inventory".

After waiting a month to request again I did - and it was again denied for the same reason, I was told to follow the dropshipping policy for a month and the restrictions would be removed.

I spoke with eBay support after this to see what the reason it was denied might be (since I am following the dropshipping policy). They said the reason is possibly since I do not having tracking ID's for my orders. Obviously this is not cost effective since a letter with tracking costs $5 so I would be losing money on 90% of orders. I explained this to them and they said that was the only solution. So for a month I was occasionally sending orders with tracking, losing money on most of them but the tracking information shows it was sent locally to me.

After a month of this I requested the restrictions be removed again and it was denied for the same reason. After contacting eBay support I was given the option by someone to upload proof I am not dropshipping. I uploaded images of all the stock I sell on eBay with the window in frame as well as my driver's licence to verify it was at my address. I provided receipts for Australia Post including receipts for envelopes, stamps and lodgement receipts from sending parcels. I also provided images of all the "Sender to Keep" tabs from every order I sent with tracking as well as sale contracts for the stock I sell on eBay from the manufacturer. I was told by eBay support twice that if they need any more proof they would contact me before denying the appeal.

After submitting all this I was told I would receive a reply within 72 hours. After roughly 20 days and contacting support multiple times I finally received a response and the appeal was denied. Everytime I contact support they tell me they cannot remove the restrictions till I follow the dropshipping policy and everytime I've requested to speak to someone who is able to sort the issue out I get the same message about how I just need to follow the dropshipping policy.

At this point there's nothing more I can do to get the restrictions removed as I've provided all proof necessary that I'm not dropshipping, I have followed the dropshipping policy for more than a year so I'm posting here in the hopes someone who works at eBay can help - since this is a technical issue as the system to detect dropshipping is not working as intended.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I guess my first question is if your aren't drop shipping how can you sell items for $1.00,  as even if using oz post letters the postage is $1.20.

At least one of your other items is questionable.  

And why is the tracking info showing it is being sent locally to you,  it should be showing it is sent to the customer.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Already replied to this but I can't see my reply after refreshing so I might send this twice.

I lose money on orders for $1 but it is worth it to get more sales/feedback overall (after looking at eBay's policies just before - it looks like you can't sell items that are too different in the same listing so I'll have to change that anyway). And I worded that part badly, the tracking info shows the items were sent from a post office that is local to me.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

What restrictions do you have given you have active listings? Usually when people are put in jail, they can't list anything.

I'm also wondering why you are even bothering listing the items you have? The ONLY thing I can see that MIGHT make you anything is the tray eject pin. Even then, that's questionable. All the others are listed with free postage and will come in at more than 20mm, so you're going to be paying close to $10 for postage, on items that are all under $10. WHY?

Why are you listing items to lose money? That's insane. Are you buying useless feedback? Unless of course, you are still dropshipping. Which I suspect you probably are, given that no-one would be stupid enough to lose money on every single sale they make. If I can see it, then chances are, ebay can see it too, which is probably why they have chosen not to lift the restrictions. Their bots are pretty smart. 

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

According to eBay support the restrictions are less visibility in search and a limit on how many items I can list each month. And no nothing I sell is more than 20mm thickness - like I said I provided all proof necessary to eBay that I am not dropshipping.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Just another comment,  your ads look typical drop shipping or Chinese seller ads.

Australian flag, australia post symbol.  Pricing unbelievable,

EDD in the 2 plus week range, with an additional comment on the page which says depending where you are add 3 to 6 additional days.   Now if you are really using Oz post,  3 to 4 week delivery is just scandalous.

You have set yourself up to look, feel and sound dodgy.   Whats the old saying,  if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.   .....

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Absolutely everything, picture and word in all your listings is identical to what sellers in China and those who dropship from there look like

Nobody here knows if you do or not

But your advertising advertises that is what it is

And that is us humans looking at it

No wonder the eBay bots identify as such 

You may get very very lucky and a member of eBay staff sees your post

Even luckier if they do anything about it

Perhaps future ads you can create your own, the ones you have now would have me hitting the back button toot sweet 

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

I added the Australian flag and Aus Post logo in one listing to see how it affected the CTR surprisingly it went up a lot. As for the EDD I didn't realise there was any option to change it but with how unreliable Australia Post can be I'd be safer to leave it at 2 weeks just in case.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Not sure which listings you are talking about exactly but for the majority of them the images were made by me with the exception of ones with no text added just a plain picture of the product. What makes you say the pictures and words are identical to what sellers from China use? Not that any of this should matter since the system to detect dropshipping is automated, not done by people.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Your listings look good to me and don't look like chinese seller listings as there is no mention of size or monitor variations and the massive amount of other items they sell in the listing description. 

Maybe you can just open a second store and copy the listings over and start again.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply