Something went wrong and we weren't able to generate the label

We have parcels to post and keep getting the above error message that "Something went wrong and we weren't able to generate the label".  Is there anything we can do to fix this problem, or is the solution out of our hands?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We have found the solution to the problem.  In our case it was caused by incorrectly entered postal addresses by the buyer. In past versions of eBay's label system, senders were advised if a postal address was incorrect - eg. not readable by the AusPost address system.  This was often caused when a buyer specified a suburb name and also the capital city name, or put in the wrong postcode.  Now, eBay simply tells you that "something went wrong', which really isn't helpful at all.  For ordinary street addresses, eBay still allows you to edit the address and then proceed to print the address label.  However, for incorrect PARCELPOINT addresses eBay will not allow any editing, which means that senders have no way of getting around the problem and will need to explore a different postage option.  eBay needs to allow some corrections to PARCELPOINT location address details.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Maybe try the usual "fix" of clearing cache and cookies then rebooting your computer ?  You could also try another browser, Firefox, Chrome and Edge work well with eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I find the best way is to not use eBay labels. I don't use couriers and MyPost Business will be cheaper than eBay if I generate 1 label per week. Which I do.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

We have found the solution to the problem.  In our case it was caused by incorrectly entered postal addresses by the buyer. In past versions of eBay's label system, senders were advised if a postal address was incorrect - eg. not readable by the AusPost address system.  This was often caused when a buyer specified a suburb name and also the capital city name, or put in the wrong postcode.  Now, eBay simply tells you that "something went wrong', which really isn't helpful at all.  For ordinary street addresses, eBay still allows you to edit the address and then proceed to print the address label.  However, for incorrect PARCELPOINT addresses eBay will not allow any editing, which means that senders have no way of getting around the problem and will need to explore a different postage option.  eBay needs to allow some corrections to PARCELPOINT location address details.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for the advice. I couldn't generate a label for a parcel and it was driving me crazy. I'm fairly new to eBay and didn't know to check and edit the buyers address. Much appreciated.

Jodie

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

My buyer's and my addresses are totally fine, residential addresses. Checked they are correct. Still doesn't work. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Use AP MyPost or a prepaid satchel then, rather than dragging up a 2 year old thread.

Neither of my suggested options will cost you much more than eBay, who tend to keep the discounts for volume sales through for them.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply