Technical glitches when listing, using sell similar feature and revising listings

For 2 days I've had trouble completing listings, using the sell similar feature and revising listings.  I can enter in information up to a point, usually  through entering in my description, but when I enter in price or shipping information I get bounced back to the top where it says "complete your listing" only to find the description I entered has disappeared.  I have had to reenter that information up to 6 times before I would take and stay put allowing me to actually list the item.  Same thing has been happening if I select "sell similar".  I enter in some changes to the description, price or shipping section and I get bounced back to the top and any changes I entered are now gone.  Again it takes multiple tries before I can get the information to stay put.  And same thing when doing revisions.  Can't get the information changes to stay put.  And I've tried using 3 different browers, have cleared cache and cookies and have done all of the other eBay suggested changes.  Anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Technical glitches when listing, using sell similar feature and revising listings

Are you using the same internet router each time. If so try rebooting your router to clear its memory.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, I've tried that and every other standard diagnostic I can think of, and just saw other similar threads posted by others sellers trying to do listings over the last few days.  This is apparently an actual glitch others are experiencing as well.  Just hope eBay can fix it as it is taking me about 7 times longer than usual to get any listing up.  The page just keeps rebooting itself and not saving input.  And it doesn't work to keep saving it as a draft in hopes of retaining the input.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I have had this issue before and can't remember how long it lasted before it stopped. It may have only been a few days but I do recall the page not saving and making listing a nightmare.

Are you able to do a listing using the app on mobile data.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You are on the Australian boards.

Try ebay.com

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

In the last 12 hours I am able to add photos to a new listing but can't progress any further. 

For example, after I add the first 2 or 3 letters of the title name it automatically erases them and jumps back to the pictures add section.

At least the images don't get erased.

I also can't add any words into any other fields as to attempt it also makes the typing disappear and the screen jumps up to the pictures add section. 

Maybe I shall try again in 12 hours time in case their is some possible ebay adding new listings problem. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Well then that's another glitch because I was able to post via my regular US eBay site!!!!!!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You are posting on the forum for eBay Australia. which you would not be able to do if you were indeed logged into eBay.com

No glitch there

If you log into ebay.com.au

That is Australia 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I'm having the same issue, for a few days now. 

Has it resolved for you yet?

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Been experiencing this problem for about 7 days straight. Takes several tries to create a new listing, or even update existing listings. Page keeps bouncing back when I press "List it" or "Revise Now", and saving to draft usually saves an out-of-date version missing several key datums. Did anyone find a fix for this? 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply