Why can't I print a postage label? "Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label"

Why is it saying this when I try to print a postage label?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Why can't I print a postage label? "Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label"

Spoke to live help and apparently it's a technical issue that many are experiencing. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

If you send 8 parcels per 8 weeks, it is no more expensive and often cheaper.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I have already ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Check the address. I quite often get this message if there is an error in the address

(Incorrect Suburb, or incorrect Address format)

It is amazing how many people get their own address wrong!

I've had this issue twice this week, one was with a Unit address after the street name (eg: 123 Smith St, Unit 2. I changed it to U2/123 Smith St, this fixed the error, and the second one was the suburb was put in as "Gold Coast" rather than the actual suburb on the Gold Coast.. Once I put the suburb in, the error went away and I could print the label.

Normally you should get the "we think this address is wrong" message, but lately I've just been getting the generic "something went wrong" message.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I have been having the same issue for well over a week now, so I hope they fix it soon

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Have you tried some of the fixes offered above ^^^^^^^

Could be a glitch, but they are usually fixed quicker than this

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks! Just had the same issue. Reported to Ebay - no help whatsoever. Edited the address - worked straight away.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply