pages not displaying correctly

Hi,

My eBay searches in FireFox are not displaying correctly.

Currently 'search' for items results have no format just text, with links, running down on the LH side of the screen.

Yes, I have reinstalled FireFox, I have reset my PC, I have loaded other pages and done 'in site' searches without the same problem.

The display problem seems to be related to eBay only?

Yes, i am using the latest version of FireFox, 76.0.1.

I have no problem with Edge (new version) or Chrome.

Has anyone had this problem?

The actual Item page displays correctly when loaded.

Regards, KH

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I think they are tinkering. For 14 years my search has been set at list view. It changed to gallery view in the last few hours. The screenshot you posted is what comes up here but then eventually goes to what you want. Hope that is helpful

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Sometimes a hard refresh (shift-refresh) helps with a page that is not loading properly.

If the pages load correctly using another browser, try going back to your original browser and deleting your browser cache and possibly your eBay cookies.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Having the same problem for days now. All other sites are fine so I think it's ebay fiddling with new settings. If I can ebay to confirm I will let you know.

@keithrharris wrote:

Hi,

My eBay searches in FireFox are not displaying correctly.

Currently 'search' for items results have no format just text, with links, running down on the LH side of the screen.

Yes, I have reinstalled FireFox, I have reset my PC, I have loaded other pages and done 'in site' searches without the same problem.

The display problem seems to be related to eBay only?

Yes, i am using the latest version of FireFox, 76.0.1.

I have no problem with Edge (new version) or Chrome.

Has anyone had this problem?

The actual Item page displays correctly when loaded.

Regards, KH

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

In my experience, it's been happening intermittently for years. It's a pain in the proverbial.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Many different factors can cause a problem with cascading style sheets (css) that can result in pages loading without formatting.

Sometimes trying another browser can be useful. Firefox's Enhanced Tracking Protection can cause issues; disabling that on eBay can result in pages loading properly again if there is a problem. Script blockers and ad blockers can sometimes be problematic.

Recently several service providers in the UK using a particular "Child Safe" setting made some changes that resulted in eBay pages not loading properly for their users. In that case, users turning off the "Child Safe" setting were able to load pages again.

Sometimes the problem is on eBay's end, and you may have to try using a different link, or even a different site, to do what you need to do. Or wait until eBay fixes the problem.

To rule out various issues, if possible, try another browser, another device, another network. Check the discussion boards to see if others are experiencing similar problems, or to see if there is a fix or a workaround.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

benviah
Community Member

Having the same problem. 

Chrome version "Version 91.0.4472.164 (Official Build) (64-bit)"

benviah_0-1626847604520.png

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

No you're not. The OP, last year, didn't have a problem with Chrome.

Have you tried reloading the page? Hard refreshing it? Clearing cache and cookies? Checked your internet connection (that has been my experience - slow internet doesn't allow the page to fully load)?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Sometimes I have the same problem (sometimes pages don't load at all, for example if I type the eBay url in Google the page does not change to eBay at all). Usually clearing cache and cookies and restarting Chrome helps (make sure you close all windows in case you have more than one open).

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Same here and now I've lost my watch list after adding 3 items for a total of 5 items and it's telling one has been deleted and other garbage.

Means I can't buy anything as I always put them there first.
I don't even check eBay on a regular basis anymore as just fed up with their continual changes and stuffing things up along the way.
Stupid is as stupid does..PNG

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply