"Saved Search" - broken for anyone else?

I collect old car number plates. just doing a search on "number plate" brings up thousands of results - number plate frames, screws, lights, brackets, etc.

So, on my personal user-name, I did a search excluding most of the terms that aren't relevant to what I'm actually looking for, and saved it. No problem!

Decided to save the same search on this user-name - and it doesn't work. 

The Saved Search that's working under my personal user-name looks like this: number plate -led -cover -surround -usa -light -holders -mount -mounting -frame -frames -trim -bolts -screws -garnish -covers -light -lights -lamp -holder -bracket

The same search saved under this user-name looks like this: number+plate+-led+-cover+-surround+-usa+-light+-holders+-mount+-mounting+-frame+-frames+-trim+-bolts+-screws+-garnish+-covers+-light+-lights+-lamp+-holder+-bracket

For some unknown reason, eBay has decided to include the "+" symbol between each term - the effect being that it negates the "-" symbol, and searches on the precise terms I've told it to exclude...

I've since added a couple more exclusion terms to my original Saved Search, and saved that as a new search, and it's inserting the "+" symbol. I tried saving a different search under my personal user-name, and that's doing it, too.

Anyone else struck this?

Here are the two Saved Searches in my personal account - the original one (top) is fine, the new one (lower) is borked...

Saved Searches.jpg

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If it's just today, could be the eBay Friday gremlins.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

No, it's been like it for a few weeks...

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I save my searches as a bookmark.

That means not relying on ebay's idiosyncrasies.

I check a few times a day for newly listed, so I don't need their email alerts 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply