eBay fee on postage

Charging a fee on actual postage costs is unfair and should be removed. Of course I understand that eBay charges a Final Value fee from the final price the item sold for, however postage costs are outside of our control. They are controlled by Australia Post and they keep increasing. As sellers on eBay we have no control of this.

Please pass on feedback to eBay management that the fee on postage isn't fair. I certainly understand the fee on final sale price but the fee on postage (that was probably designed to hurt the China sellers) has also hurt everyone else

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: eBay fee on postage

That is exactly the reason , as was said by the member you are replying to

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

My advise is to open up a business account with Australia Post (Free) Pay as you go, and they will put you on a discount band depending how much you spend. I am on band 3 and l can pay as little as $7.90 for 5kg satchel. Well worth it as l sell sinkers which are heavy.

https://auspost.com.au/ and log into my post business.

Enjoy the savings.

Andrew

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

is it even legal to charge commission on postage ? for example i sell an item for $20 overseas ,and postage is $30 charged  ,which i pay the actual $30 but ebay takes their cut from it ,add it to the commossion from the $20,lucky if i end up with b$10,i lose money,their commission on the sale price i have no objection but the postage should be exempt.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

yes buyer pays  for postage ,but than the seller has to make up the commission taken away by ebay,which can be substantial amount especially on heavier boxes going overseas,the amount can be almost as much as the sale price

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

adding fees to postage ,already high ,deters buyers

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@toyzaramaonlinestore wrote:

yes buyer pays  for postage ,but than the seller has to make up the commission taken away by ebay,which can be substantial amount especially on heavier boxes going overseas,the amount can be almost as much as the sale price

The "commission" FVF on postage has been in place for many years now ALL sellers need to factor that into their sale price of goods - it's not going to change, so you'll have to deal with it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Are you intending to reply to everyone who commented a year ago?

You seem to believe  the fees and charges every seller has to pay should not apply to you

They do

You know what they are and how much they are

Spamming the forum won't change it, won't be seen by eBay and if you have to ask 'is it even legal'  maybe actually read what you tick as having read and agreed to every time you list

Or report it if you really do question how 'legal' it is

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply