CONNED

I recently bought 5 items from the same seller in the States. Because he is on that stupid Global Seller Program, he was not able to combine the items. I ended up paying 5 postages, and low and behold, the items turned up in 1 package. The seller emailed me to say ebay had combined the package into 1, but he could not amend the posting charges. I tried complaining to ebay, even being transferred to the States to speak to a representative there, (or so I was told), only to have ebay give me the runaround. They gave me all sorts of excuses when I accused ebay of robbing me. They made a cool $30 extra profit, and must be laughing all the way to the bank. The Global shippers also give ebay a kickback for each item they post. NOTHING BUT EBAY GREED!!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

CONNED

Surely there is something you could do ? i would be on that phone again and ask to speak to a Supervisor and say you have Ripped off Big Time. That is just not acceptable. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

CONNED

I doubt that there is anything ebay can/will do for you as the GSP rules state that all items are paid for seperately.  When the items get to Erlanger they are repacked by Pitney Bowes into one parcel.  It stinks, but thems the rules.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

CONNED

I wonder how you'd go with a Paypal claim in the event of a lost shipment? With Paypal, it's one payment, one shipment, so if you buy 5 separate items and pay for them separately, then PB package them all together and they're lost, I wonder what happens, as that's a blatant breach of Paypal's T&Cs? What a can of worms that would be!
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

CONNED

I feel your pain. Global Shipping is ebay's worst invention yet and like you, when I complained to them I was totally given the runaround. All I can do now is never buy anything that is marked 'Global Shipping'. Now that's what I call an improvement - not! See posts on 'Buyer' forum under Global Shipping.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply