I received an Email supposedly from Ebay offering me $25 off my next purchase

I received an email today supposedly from Ebay saying I would be able to get $25 off my next purchase using the code V7PQJNB5V9E84Y3W. Is it true or is it a scam as I can't find anything about it on the Ebay site.

Cheers,

Elizabeth Cameron (gibbs 450)

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hello Elizabeth, you are not talking to ebay here, just folks like you & I. It may be wise to call ebay and find out what it entitles you to. It may be OK or it just may be a Scam. Best to give them a call about it.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks, I will try and do that. I just wish Ebay would make it easier for people to get in touch when there is a problem.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

That looks more like a paypal code than an ebay one but they are usually not as complicated as that.

You can ring ebay on their 1800 freecall number.  Go to Help and Contact at the top right of the page and get the number and special code number and away you go,

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

The last code I know of (for $10 off your purchase) was CSHOPNOW - it was offered to an aquaintence, a young local bloke, a couple of weeks ago.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
Was it addressed to you personally by name? If not, it's unlikely to have come from Paypal so be very careful not to click on any embedded links as it could very well be a phishing attempt.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I will definetly second that forgive my inccorect spelling i think ebay has got worse since i joined 3 years ago.

person unknown.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Hi they say it's free but it's not my pay phone goe's down after ringing them.            

Person unknown.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

If you use the 1800 number it is definitely free from Australian landlines.  If you use a mobile phone it depends on your plan and your provider.....that is hardly ebay's fault if you have to pay for a freecall number.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply