I use an iPad and unable to send legal documents via messaging or link provided.

I was told I would receive an email with directions of how to close my decreased sons ebay account. I received a ebay message with link instead which don't work using an iPad. I need an email address or AUSTRALIAN fax number to forward the documents required.

What is an accounts direct email or fax number please
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I use an iPad and unable to send legal documents via messaging or link provided.

cq_tech
Community Member

Ebay don't monitor or read these boards and it's unlikely that anybody here would have the information you require.

Suggest you ring eBay CS and explain the situation. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks. I did speak to CS 2 days ago who said they would email me the information but instead sent me a message in my own ebay account. I am going through enough grieving to be given such a hard time trying to do the simple things like this. I think I will give up on the matter even though on their system my son left a debt with them.

Thanks anyway
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry for your loss.
To be honest don't worry about the ebay account. It doesn't hurt to leave it inactive, just pay the debt. Some things on ebay are just too hard to be bothered with.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I agree. I don't legally have to pay my sons debt as he was insolvent and I have tried to resolve the issue so ebay will need to suck up the loss. All I wanted was to close his ebay account but if they are so difficult to deal with I will leave it as is. PayPal have been much better to deal with. Maybe they may send the information I fax to them to ebay as they are linked. Thanks for your help and condolences
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry for your loss sweetangelaustralia.

I am not sure that it is fair to say that ebay is making things difficult for you....they have sent you the information you asked for to resolve the problem of closing your son's account.  How are they to know that you are not using a computer so cannot use the link sent to you?

Does any other member of your family have a computer that you could use for this process or could you use a computer at your local library?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Lyndal closing an account is not an easy task at the best of times. Even harder if you have been a seller and if you owe money. Perhaps eBay should wake up and get with the times. A photo of documents should suffice these days.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Harley, I am not saying that it is easy to close an account but the OP's problem seems to be that she cannot use the link she was sent on her ipad.

She has asked for an email address or fax number. to send the documents.   How is this any different from verifying identity?

We all have to do this at some stage.  I don't have an ipad so have no idea what can be done/not done on them but I cannot see how it is ebay's fault if members need to access a proper computer to send documents to them.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

It is ebay a fault. They didn't send an email, they sent a message, how are you to send documents via a ebay message?
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply