New Policy on forwarding payment to sellers?

I had a seller in the US contact me to say that their payment had not gone through PayPal. Yet, on my account it was definitely paid. When I enquired with PayPal I was told that sellers were not being paid until they had proof of delivery. This was supposed to minimize disputes. When I said this was outrageous and unfair, the customer service person offered me the option of authorizing the payment.

I have looked but have not discovered any kind of formal announcement of a change of policy. The purchase was made through Ruby Lane, yet the customer service person referred to an Ebay policy. So, it would appear that anywhere we choose to pay with PayPal, there may be problems with the seller being paid immediately. As a seller, I would not be prepared to send my goods without up front payment.

Can someone clarify this for me

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

New Policy on forwarding payment to sellers?

perhaps your seller is a new seller, in which case he has been trapped by the new ebay policy:

New to selling

While you gain experience selling on eBay, access to funds from buyer payments may be delayed to help ensure items are sent as promised. Rest assured this is a temporary situation.

Payments from your buyers will only be held for new sellers if:

• It's been less than 90 days since your first successful sale; and
  • You've had 25 or fewer sales transactions; and
  • You've had less than $250 in total sales.

Funds that are temporarily placed on hold should be available:

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date when you manually upload tracking information or mark the item as posted in My eBay.
  • 21 days after your buyer pays if you don't upload tracking and you don't mark your item as sent in My eBay.

Regardless of how you choose to post, please keep in mind that your funds may be further delayed if your buyer reports a problem with the transaction.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/funds-availability

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply