OVERPRICING OF POSTAGE

shellyshelly40
Community Member
DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM. I WAS CHECKING OUT DVDS AND FOUND ONE SELLING FOR $3.00 AND THEN $8.00 POSTAGE. BOTH SELLER AND BUYER ARE IN BRISBANE. WHY CAN'T EBAY DO SOMETHING ABOUT REGULATING POSTAGE AS THERE ARE SELLERS OUT THERE THAT SELL THEIR GOODS FOR A SMALL PRICE AND THEN HIT YOU WITH UNBELIEVEABLE POSTAGE. THEY SHOULD BE AWARE THAT IT ONLY DRIVES A BUYER AWAY AND IT IS NO LONGER CLASSED AS A BARGAIN.
Message 1 of 125
Latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: OVERPRICING OF POSTAGE

Thanks,the buyer did pay the extra.Thanks for your advice....I will always put contact me first in future.I tend to forget ppl dont use common sense!ha common...rare more like it.WQht caught me off guard was the drop down details for postage said USA only...so I didnt think I would get an italian wanting italian cannons!I like to think what goes around comes around.I will always be an honest buyer and seller.
Message 61 of 125
Latest reply

Thanks,the buyer did pay the extra.Thanks for your advice....I will always put contact me first in future.I tend to forget ppl dont use common sense!ha common...rare more like it.WQht caught me off guard was the drop down details for postage said USA only...so I didnt think I would get an italian wanting italian cannons!I like to think what goes around comes around.I will always be an honest buyer and seller.

Glad it all worked out for you
Message 62 of 125
Latest reply

billthetill
Community Member
I see many postage's at $25.00 for an PC application box. Even when I am only 30k away from the seller. This is crazy. Something ought to done about scamming more money from the buyer via postage.
Message 63 of 125
Latest reply

gupts007
Community Member
Ok time to vent..

I just sold an item to a buyer. Immediately upon buying the item, the buyer asks me, what's the postage to his address. The postage cost is very clearly and boldly mentioned in the item description. The buyer is not even new and has almost 2500 feedback.

I send the invoice and when the buyer makes the payment, she sends me a note that the postage is too high and that she is not happy with it. I give her a detailed explaination of the cost structure that not only includes the cost of stamps, but packaging fee, time and effort spend to go to the post office and have it registered plus how the postage & handling cost partially offsets the ebay fees.

She is not satisfied with the response and says her feedback will reflect it. I just checked that she has left heaps of negative feedback for a lot of sellers and mostly because she is disgruntled with the high postage cost. I mean if she is not happy with the total landing price of her purchases, why the hell does she buy in the first place? Just stay away and leave the sellers alone. It's ridiculous to first buy it when all costs are clearly mentioned and then complain. What a shame, sellers can't do nothing about it. I see a negative coming for sure. Though I could've refunded a few bucks to please this rather demanding buyer but I don't like being bullied. So we will see.

Thanks for reading this.
Message 64 of 125
Latest reply

gupts007 Agree Sellers must be able to leave feedback they want. The buyer has the upper hand and uses this to their advantage.As I have stated previously I sent items free for 2 months and still did not get 5 stars. Disgraceful.Ebay have to fix this or they won't have any sellers at all.

BTW DO WE ALL KNOW AUSTRALIA POST HAVE INCREASED THE POSTAGE AS OF TODAY 28/6/2010?????

How well is this going to go sown with buyers especially if they don't know. can see it now neg neg neg for postage.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 65 of 125
Latest reply

Along the same lines.How many times do you see VERY,VERY CHEAP items from China Etc.only to find the postage is where they make all the profit.Something should be done about it by Ebay.
Message 66 of 125
Latest reply

Along the same lines.How many times do you see VERY,VERY CHEAP items from China Etc.only to find the postage is where they make all the profit.Something should be done about it by Ebay.

The problem is absolutely in full explosion mode when it comes to sellers in Hong Kong, China etc. Yes it is totally unfair when they use eBay .com.au and get away with it all the time. eBay.com.hk fine that is their country and eBay set the rules for each country.However for us here in OZ buyers leave neg f/b when you might add 1 or 2 $ on as a handling cost and they think that is excessive postage. Compared to a 99cent item with $30 postage from China and they are happy to pay it. Until buyers start reporting these things to eBay nothing will change the asian market flourishes with sales of 99 cents but make heaps on postage and pay less fees. If someone here in OZ did it they would report it immediately and leave neg f/b Go Figure!!!!!!!
Message 67 of 125
Latest reply

flanno62
Community Member
I just bought an item for 99 cents and they want to slug $130 for postage from Adelaide to Brisbane!!! I noticed before the auction ended and pointed out to the seller that this was extremely high and he said 'it was a mistake'. Watch out for sellers trying this trick - I didn't notice until it was nearly too late.
Message 68 of 125
Latest reply

flanno62
Community Member
Be honest! This is just a way of hiding extra costs by overcharging on postage. Sell an item for what it is worth and charge correct postage. Sellers should not be adding in extra $$$ in postage, because they want to list their products cheaper. Shameful.
Message 69 of 125
Latest reply

I just bought an item for 99 cents and they want to slug $130 for postage from Adelaide to Brisbane!!! I noticed before the auction ended and pointed out to the seller that this was extremely high and he said 'it was a mistake'. Watch out for sellers trying this trick - I didn't notice until it was nearly too late.

What a scam. Glad you noticed. I hope you reported it cos thats the only way we can all help to stop this.
I have just sold 12 items and lost on postage as Australia Post have put up the prices of postage but I did not change what I had stated ealier in my listings.
I also put a $5 note in with a buyers items as they bought 2 items and when I weighed them together (even though I combine postage always) the weight did not go into the next postage bracket. I also put a 55cent stamp in another as it was 55 cents cheaper than originally thought due to the state the buyer lived in.
I only mention this as yes there are abhorent sellers out there who will flout the system at any cost, but then you realise allot of sellers are very honest
Message 70 of 125
Latest reply