PRIVATE BIDDERS

eBay should ban scam artists hiding behind the Private Bidders or Identities protected bidders ... They are a waste of my time and genuine bidders' time ... What is so important that one must hide behind the Private Bidders' shield ??? I was bidding on an item with 22 bids, all from "Private Bidders" ... Shame, shame, shame.,
Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: PRIVATE BIDDERS

WARNING

THIS thread is THREE YEARS OLD.......

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

A few numpties have been reviving them lately and it's absolutely ridiculous to revive a 3 year old thread.  This is a very annoying practice !

TCT
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

To be honest I don't think that the ID who resurrected the thread actually added anything to the thread, just added an opinion which isn't correct anyway...

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

To be honest I don't think that the ID who resurrected the thread actually added anything to the thread, just added an opinion which isn't correct anyway...

yes, that is why I felt compelled to say something.  

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

I too have lost some nice items to last second "private bidders".  It happens all too frequently with more expensive items.  Actually saved me several hundred dollars.  This is happening more frequently in last 2-3 months.  I can't proove any wrong doings but have serious doubts about the honesty of these bidders.  From now on any time I see a private bid on an item of interest they can have it.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

You are very much mistaken if you think that there is any wrongdoing just because you have been out bid by a Private Bidder.

It is the seller who sets up a Private auction and if it is an expensive or hard to get item most of the bidding happens at the last minute or two.

Just bid your maximun amount and if you win that is fine...if you a outbid then somene else was prepared to pay more.  Just because bidders bid at the last moment does not make them dishonest.  If that were the case most experienced ebayers are dishonest, and you are probably missing out on some good buys.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply