PeSA conference on the Gold Coast

mxbikebits
Community Member

Hi, I'm considering going to this years PeSA conference, but would like to hear from anyone who has been to previous years, before I commit my hard earned cash.

Is the conference good enough to have a significant effect on my bottom line?

Cheers,

Todd

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

It would have been better for your bottom line if you'd availed yourself of the, highly advertised on the boards, early bird offer.

Never been to one, never likely to.

Imo, it's motherhood stuff plus a bit of networking with sellers. I'd rather network with buyers.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

mxbikebits
Community Member

Thanks, the early bird offer is still avialable unti March 15.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Todd.. you'd best ask this question over on the POWERSELLERS board, some of the regular posters over there attend.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

alucardn9ne
Community Member

From what I entail, it's just an expensive trip to catch up with friends. 

When you talk to them on the boards, they call it networking but then a few sentences down they talk about how they are looking forward to catching up with friends

I think $500 can be spent better elsewhere

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I have been to a few of the PeSa conferences and they were worth every cent of the money I spent.

They have some fantastic speakers and exhibitors and you can take as much or as little as you want from the information presented.

You have the opportunity to make appointments with people to ask specific questions about your own business and to help you with your ebay store and/or your website.

It can have a significant effect on your bottom line if you are looking to expand your online business.

The social networking side is just an added bonus.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Remember the umbrella,raincoat,galoshes & a canoe 😄

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

mxbikebits
Community Member

Great, thanks.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Todd.. last year was my first PeSA.. it was only a few months after I had left "work" to concentrate on online selling full time. I would definitely recommend it if selling online is a major focus for you. I am booked in to go again, so that should be proof that it was useful for me. I came home with a huge "To Do" list after the last one, (for both my eBay store as well as my online store and social media sites etc), which I have pretty much just managed to finally get myself through. It will be interesting to see the different aspects I pick up this time, and I am sure I will come home with a very different "To Do" list this time. I like how you can choose the streams suitable for what you need to learn.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

The conference definitely has much to offer, however it will mean accepting that to acheive that you need to make changes and that is usually the hard part.  Changing business practices is a bit like changing your diet or giving up smoking. Sometimes the changes are not easy to make even though we know that they are for our own good.

My advice is to go to the conference to at least learn what others are doing and keep an open mind. You might come away from it deciding not to make any changes and be content with what you are doing, or you might, like so many have before, come away full of enthusiasm and ready to make many changes.  Whatever you decide I feel confident that it won't have been a waste of time or money.

BTW, the first few years that PeSA was held members came back and posted on the boards what they had learnt about eBays new direction and they came under attack when others who hadn't attended the conference didn't like the idea of more changes.  In effect they were shooting the messengers. So don't be surprised if members are reluctant to share what they learn these days. If understanding eBay and its direction is important to your business then attending the conference and talking to staff in person is a must.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply