Recent changes to search results

Today eBay changed the format of the search results pages, which is looking more and more like the eBay US site.

Some of the changes are:

images are largerthe word "shipping" has been added to each iteminability to see location for results not sorted by "Distance: nearest first".inclusion of seller id and store name

Have your say and vote in the poll below indicating how you feel about these recent changes.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

If you click on "Customise view" above the search results, to the right of "Posting to *your postcode*", you can change it all back to the way you want it to look like.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

I have customised my view multiple times and it keeps reverting to a view I don't want. Not to mention it keeps presenting "best match" when I have specifically requested "newly listed". Not happy.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

ben.32
Community Member

I agree the new look ebay is just so bad. I look at motor  section and now you have to keep going back to main to start over all the time very bad ebay. It is not user friendly. Maybe ebay just want us to use gumtree instead!

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Maybe ebay just want us to use gumtree instead!

Maybe they do, after all they own it 😉

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

green_patch
Community Member

Hi, I am not happy with the removal of the distance option in the customise view, I had a lot of saved searches I was using and liked to be able to get an idea of the distance before viewing the add.

But I am unable to do this anymore. WHY?

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Hi...this is the Australian site - we still have it

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

green_patch
Community Member

Hi, I am on the Australian site and my page does not list distance anymore nor on "customise view" is the option to show it.unless "ebay.com.au" has been hijacked I am on the Australian site

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I've noticed that alot of my search results now default to Ending Soonest instead of Best Match.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Only just noticed the search changes.

I used to be able to search on Books and Magazines by searching on 'View All Items'" now I can only search by Sub Categories.                 

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply