Ridiculous New Fee Structure

Email from eBay this mornining...NOT impressed ....Really!!!  100% increase on listing at auction from $1.50 to $3.00 also increased ebay store fees and final value fees and this is for "added benefits to sellers" Am I dumb?? what are the added benifits of these increases??? that now makes it about 400% in 5 years. I suppose us poor mugs have to cover the shortfall from the lucky "collectables" category which zero insertion/listing fees!!

Wonder who the idiotic marketing/finance graduate was who came up with this doozy 😞

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its good for me.

I have a featured store which goes up $5 a month.

I get 1000 extra free fixed price listings. I'm currently paying for those as i have over 2000 items for sale in my store.

Im in the media category which is 5c per listing so thats a $20 saving. Take off the $5 extra store fee and im still $15 in front.

Only negative for me is my FVF goes from 8.5% to 8.55% which is only about $20 extra a year for me.

All up im still over $13 a month better off than i was

All i can suggest is if you want auctions, open a second ID without a store subscription and use the 40 free auctions per month.

Thats what i do

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Another store would not do me any good as when I do auctions I do 30-40 items a week my other listings 200-300 (normally but not at moment after xmas) are all Buy Now - so the new fee pricing for auctions  adds $240 a month to my seller fees  😞

Problem with new store would be 0 feed back & no credibility

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

'Lucky' collectables?  I don't want or need auctions but I've been paying 1% extra in selling fees because of it. I don't even know why craft comes under collectables, but I live with what I get and can't see any point in banging my head on a brick wall over it.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Yes indeed lucky....anyone in collectables who does do auctions does not currently pay $1.50 to list hence they won't be paying the new $3.00 listing fee...super lucky for them 🙂
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

You're lucky to be paying lower selling fees, but I guess some people only want to see what they don't get.
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Lower selling fees!! are you kidding?? they have gone up again as have store subscriptions...no one could possibly think selling on ebay is getting cheaper and lower fees involved Anyway good to chat....
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

I thought collectable auctions still paid a fee, just cheaper than the $1.50.........or did I read it wrong when I looked into it a few months ago? (I toyed with the idea of opening a store, but then decided against it as I still wanted to run a few auctions in the collectable category, but though I read there was still a fee attached).

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Everytime a do a listing (clothing) across the top it always says list 1000 collectables free every month, there would still be final value (% of sale price) fee but no insertion fee
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

I'm probably missing something then. I looked at the fee structure and saw this, which is where I got confused. It was late when I looked at it and was a tad sleep deprived at the time!

store fees.jpg

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply