Urgent need to change password?

yu4cfg
Community Member

I see no warning about cyber attack and urgent need to change password at eBay pages while all the world media is reporting the above?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Urgent need to change password?

I am too scared to open any email from eBay. That's why I am here.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

MyeBay, Account, personal information, password edit

To change your password. The international papers have articles where eBay says, do it.

database containing the information of over 120 million accounts was hacked.

IDs, passwords, names, addresses, emails

So yes, be careful of spoof emails too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Given the seriousness of this wouldn't you have expected some official email and a great big warning when you first log in insisting you change your password ? Absolutely nothing.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Agree, totally...as the need was there to change, the message should have been there. Front page media, home page eBay, eBay messages and email. so they have fallen down on this one badly. We should not have had to find out from foreign press.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

24 hours later and still not a single word from eBay Australia...

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Joanna from eBay did post here today, but that is all I have seen myself.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Motors/eBay-Inc-To-Ask-eBay-Users-To-Change-Passwords/m-p/1258007#M7...

nothing in eBay messages.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply