Your email advertising headed "Don't break your Nan's heart" is offensive. I was recently devasted

Your email advertising headed "Don't break your Nan's heart is offensive. I was recently devastated by the loss of my grandmother.  Many members will have lost both their grandmothers and your cheap adverytising stunt is insensitive and it dirties your brand.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Your email advertising headed "Don't break your Nan's heart" is offensive. I was recently devasted

Hi china, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandmother. It's horrible when it happens. . You may want to write a letter to ebay about it. Ebay dont read these Boards.  I'm sure it wasn't meant to be personal though.   Hope 2015 is a better year for you 🙂 🙂

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I agree, it is thoughtless and insensitive. It doesn't matter when a person might have lost both grandmothers, ebay should have given it some thought. I would hazard a guess that nearly every ebayer over the age of 65 would have lost both grandmothers by now. If you then want to lower that age by 5 years it would still be a large percentage and keep going down 5 years at a time and you will find that on average a lot of ebayers would have lost their grandmothers.

They are fools.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

First time poster on this board.

Just about to make a thread about this.

I was disgusted by ebay trying to emotionally blackmail me to get my attention so I am outlining how this can backfire:

I unsubscribed to ebay newsletters.

Thanx for the advice but she died so I don't need to worry about it.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply