eBay Annoucements.

go-tazz
Community Member

Post the the latest eBay announcements here.

Item Selling Restrictions are now in Place
by eBay Employee ‎01-04-2020 03:44 PM - edited ‎01-04-2020 03:45 PM

To avoid unreasonable inflation of item prices in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we've activated some additional selling restrictions in accordance with our Price gouging policy

Effective immediately, only a small number of approved business sellers are permitted to sell face masks, hand sanitisers, toilet paper and disinfecting wipes on eBay.com.au.

If you haven't been approved to sell these items, please don't attempt to list them. Any existing listings will be removed, and your account may be suspended if you attempt to circumvent these restrictions.

The decision to remove listings that go against our policies will be final. Our Customer Service team will not be investigating any appeals or requests to list these types of products.

We're continuing to monitor the situation across a broad range of categories and additional restrictions may be applied. 

You can visit our Seller Centre to learn more about item restrictions or read through the latest COVID-19 updates for sellers.

eBay_for_business_logo (003).png

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

eBay Annoucements.

go-tazz
Community Member
Changes to the Out-of-Stock Duration
by eBay Employee on ‎01-04-2020 11:48 AM

The out-of-stock option allows your bulk, fixed price listings to be hidden from search results when the quantity is zero. As soon as you increase the quantity again, the listing will reappear in searches.

Previously, listings that had been out of stock for 90 consecutive days were automatically ended.

To help you retain your sales history for longer, we’ll now keep your out-of-stock listings active for 180 consecutive days before ending them automatically. 

Learn More About Using the Out-of-Stock Function >

If listings have been out of stock for an extended period of time, you may want to use other eBay tools and features to help kick-start sales when you restock. This might include:

• Providing recommended item specifics
  • Using negotiation tools such as Best Offer or Offers to buyers
  • Volume Discounts 
  • Promoted Listings

Read More About our Growth Tools > 

If you want more information on how we’re supporting sellers at this time, please go to our COVID-19 Updates page on the Seller Centre.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

Fee support for our sellers during the COVID-19 Outbreak
by eBay Employee ‎27-03-2020 04:21 PM - edited ‎27-03-2020 06:12 PM

Our buyers and sellers are relying on eBay more than ever right now. We want to make sure we support your business through this difficult time.

Following on from our increased seller protections and making sure your seller standards aren’t impacted, we’re offering eligible eBay Store sellers the option to defer payment of most eBay selling fees. 

The covered fees include: final value fees, insertion fees, Store subscription fees, optional listing upgrade fees and Promoted Listings fees. Sellers who participate in our retail promotions will still be required to pay fees related to retail promotions.

If you’re an eBay business seller and could use help with your payments, please submit your request by Saturday 11 April 4:59pm AEST. Please bookmark the submission page and come back to it after 3 business days to check the status of your request. 

If your request is approved, 50% of the covered fees on your current invoice will be deferred until the next billing cycle, and the remaining 50% will be deferred until the subsequent billing cycle.

In addition to deferring fees, we’re also offering to waive all insertion fees until 30 June. See details of the free insertion fee offer.

We are continuing to look at ways to sustain your business through these challenging times. Further information about how we’re increasing seller protections can be found on the COVID-19 Seller Centre page. 

Please look after yourselves and be safe. Australians need you more than ever right now to get the things they need and love. 

Tim MacKinnon

VP & Country Manager, eBay Australia

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

Changes to eBay Seller Customer Support
by eBay Employee on ‎24-03-2020 11:58 AM

Under new guidance from health authorities, we won’t be able to offer customer support over the phone until further notice. However our support team will be available as usual through our customer service online chat function.

You can visit our Seller Centre or our Help Hub which contains detailed selling information and frequently asked questions. You can also monitor this announcement board for further updates.

Maintaining a safe marketplace for our buyers, sellers and employees is our number one priority. We appreciate your patience around any delays to customer service that may occur during this time.

Read More Updates on our Seller Centre > 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

Hi

There are sellers on ebay in Australia selling isopropyl alcohol at appallingly high prices. So high, that they must be  seeking to enrich themselves in times of a dire shortage of this product, after panic buying of sanitiser etc. We have health workers who cannot obtain sanitiser as vital PPE!  This product is fairly easily adaptable to be a hand sanitiser.

So, the behaviour of people profiteering by reselling this product at a massive profit is ethically repugnant. Seemingly at least some are diluting it themselves, as many bottles have dodgy looking labels, which makes me wonder if there is any even quality control over what they are really selling? 

To give an idea of the gouge -

I use this product as an ecologically friendly way to control pests on my potted plants. I used to use a 70% formulation product,  Isocol (nearly $10 for 345ml at supermarkets, when available), but  in October last year, found I could buy one litre of 100% isopropyl alcohol on ebay for $18.95 delivered, which I could then dilute to 70% (=1.3 litres)  just by adding water. 

Please stop these sellers.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

And therein lies the problem with a thread like this, tazz.

People don't read them, but see the headers you've posted and think they're talking to eBay.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

eBay don't read or respond to posts on the boards. Tazz was just posting recent eBay announcements for people who can't be bothered to find them for themselves.

If you read what has been posted here, you would know what action eBay is taking. If you read the dozen or so threads in 'Buying' you would know as much as the rest of us. Including how to report such sellers.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

@davewil1964 wrote:
And therein lies the problem with a thread like this, tazz.

People don't read them, but see the headers you've posted and think they're talking to eBay.

It was more of an attempted preventative measure to get some of the newbies to go to this thread so they

would read it before posting yet another thread in regards to the price gouging and show them the new policy

that was put into place by eBay.good.gif

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

To anyone who weighed in...

A search in eBay, for what eBay had posted and its policy in this area is what brought me here.

I only looked at  the one post, because that is all that concerned me. 

People don't read.." I do, actually. This post, headed "eBay Announcements", is  on eBay's own site under a thread called "eBay Announcements and Seller Releases" and it used one of ebay's trademark logos.

It is, I see now, a copied  eBay statement, but it doesn't have the usual means of attribution that let people know they are not at the source.

The logo in particular served to confirm that I was looking at an authorised eBay communication. I doubt anyone but eBay and its agents have permission to use it. I don't think it should be on these posts. It makes them look likeBay posts.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

@saffronski wrote:

To anyone who weighed in...

A search in eBay, for what eBay had posted and its policy in this area is what brought me here.

I only looked at  the one post, because that is all that concerned me. 

People don't read.." I do, actually. This post, headed "eBay Announcements", is  on eBay's own site under a thread called "eBay Announcements and Seller Releases" and it used one of ebay's trademark logos.

It is, I see now, a copied  eBay statement, but it doesn't have the usual means of attribution that let people know they are not at the source.

The logo in particular served to confirm that I was looking at an authorised eBay communication. I doubt anyone but eBay and its agents have permission to use it. I don't think it should be on these posts. It makes them look likeBay posts.

So you missed the actual opening statement which said: Post the the latest eBay announcements here.

Meaning that those posts were posted here from elsewhere.

It's used on their discussion boards as have every other communication from eBay at some time or there have

been links to those Announcements.

The reasoning I left everything as posted by eBay is so that members know that it is an official Announcement

from eBay.

You still posted after reading the opening post where eBay stated that they were stopping the price gouging.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply