eBay Annoucements.

go-tazz
Community Member

Post the the latest eBay announcements here.

Item Selling Restrictions are now in Place
by eBay Employee ‎01-04-2020 03:44 PM - edited ‎01-04-2020 03:45 PM

To avoid unreasonable inflation of item prices in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we've activated some additional selling restrictions in accordance with our Price gouging policy

Effective immediately, only a small number of approved business sellers are permitted to sell face masks, hand sanitisers, toilet paper and disinfecting wipes on eBay.com.au.

If you haven't been approved to sell these items, please don't attempt to list them. Any existing listings will be removed, and your account may be suspended if you attempt to circumvent these restrictions.

The decision to remove listings that go against our policies will be final. Our Customer Service team will not be investigating any appeals or requests to list these types of products.

We're continuing to monitor the situation across a broad range of categories and additional restrictions may be applied. 

You can visit our Seller Centre to learn more about item restrictions or read through the latest COVID-19 updates for sellers.

eBay_for_business_logo (003).png

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

eBay Annoucements.

@saffronski wrote:

To anyone who weighed in...

A search in eBay, for what eBay had posted and its policy in this area is what brought me here.

I only looked at  the one post, because that is all that concerned me. 

People don't read.." I do, actually. This post, headed "eBay Announcements", is  on eBay's own site under a thread called "eBay Announcements and Seller Releases" and it used one of ebay's trademark logos.

It is, I see now, a copied  eBay statement, but it doesn't have the usual means of attribution that let people know they are not at the source.

The logo in particular served to confirm that I was looking at an authorised eBay communication. I doubt anyone but eBay and its agents have permission to use it. I don't think it should be on these posts. It makes them look likeBay posts.

You could have clicked on 'Announcements', which is at the bottom of every single eBay page.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

New Government Restrictions on the Sale of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
by eBay Employee ‎08-04-2020 05:42 PM - edited ‎08-04-2020 05:42 PM

Under a new Determination by the Federal Minister for Health, there are new restrictions on the sale of certain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (disposable face masks; disposable gloves; disposable gowns; goggles, glasses or eye visors; alcohol wipes; and hand sanitiser) in Australia. 

These restrictions apply to all eBay sellers who list or are approved to list the items above. 

The changes make it an offense to re-sell PPE purchased at retail for more than 120% of its purchase price. The Determination applies to the resale of items purchased since 30 Jan 2020. 

In addition, the Government has introduced restrictions banning these items from export.

Failure to adhere to these requirements can lead to penalties including fines or jail. If you're selling any type of PPE on eBay, we encourage you to review the above determination and familiarise yourself with eBay’s policies and restrictions prior to listing. 

As a reminder, we’ve already implemented a range of restrictions on the sale of items on eBay: 

• Only sellers approved by eBay can list masks, hand sanitisers, disinfectant wipes and toilet paper. 
  • Our price-gouging policy also outlines that items considered essential must be offered at a reasonable price.
  • Sellers must continue to list in compliance with our listing policies.

To stay informed, visit our COVID-19 Seller Update page on the Seller Centre and continue to monitor our Community announcements.

eBay_for_business_logo (003).png

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

How do you get approved to sell ?
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

@m.o.e.store wrote:
How do you get approved to sell ?

From what I can gather it's only those sellers that sold those type of items or similar before March this year

and are a business seller that are eligible to sell those items.

The only other way is that you would need to contact eBay and get permission maybe.

They've also posted that:

To do what's right for the health and safety of our employees, phone support is not available right now.

We recommend that you search our help pages for the information you need.

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/covid-19-coronavirus-updates/listing-policies-and-restrictions

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

I would like to know why, as a Top Rated Seller for many years and I have excellent feedback, you have taken a considerable amount of money from my Paypal account, without my permission or without contacting me (except a 'form letter' email that didn't apply) because a customer had a delay in recieving her item through no fault of my own, but because the Australia Post is delaying delivering parcels for 8 weeks or more at this time of a worldwide pandemic. I mailed the item the next day after she paid and with a signature at her end but she hadn't received it. The tracking shows that I mailed it and where it went until it got held up. I did all that I could and to not even contact me or ask the buyer to be paitient (we have both filed enquiries with Australia Post with not luck yet). You have to realise that for the same reason that you at Ebay don't answer your phones now because of the pandemic, the Post office has been inundated with online oders of parcels, wore than Christmas and they can't hire more people because of social distancing. They are doing the best they can to get packages out as soon as possible, but certain guidlines have to be met. Now I have no item, which surely will be deliverd soon, and you have refunded their money back too. 

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

eBay Annoucements.

Save the paragraph. If you want people to read your diatribe, it certainly helps to make it readable.

Nobody here works for eBay. And eBay staff neither read nor respond to board posts.

I'll hazard a guess, though.

The money has been refunded to the buyer because the buyer has opened a claim for Item Not Received. As the item doesn't show as delivered, the claim was won by the buyer. You would have received a notification, with time-limits to respond, when the case was opened.

If AP determines the item is lost, they will refund you. If you posted overseas in these times, then you will probably have to wear the loss unless, once they receive it, the buyer offers to repay you.

If a domestic item has no scans in 8 weeks, then AP would certainly deem it lost and compensate, so I suspect it's international.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply